bonvos tale of 2 610s

bonvo

most of you already know this story from my build thread found here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3434-610-street-demon-resurection/

but i figured i could post it here in more of a story format for the newer guys who havent watched it take shape

the story starts in 98 when my dads step dad gives my dad a 76 datsun 610 as payment for putting a motor in his mazda now my dad drove the car as a commuter for a few years until 2002 when he got stuck in 9 hours of stop and go traffic in the middle of summer in the non air conditioned stick shift datsun the car was parked in the back yard until 2004 when i graduated high school when that day came i was given a choice the 77 buick electra that needed a transmission or the 76 datsun 610 in the back yard the choice was an easy one the datsun was a stick shift and a 2 door versus the 4 door automatic tank that was the buick so all excited about my first car i go out there to give the car a look over put the key in the ignition put it in neutral turned the key and i got rrr...rrr...rrr...rrrr..rrrrrr.rrrrrrr.rrrrrrr vroooooooooooooom.....cough.....cough....die bad gas not a big deal flush the fuel and ran like a top but i had no brakes and no clutch and being jobless ment no money to fix it right? wrong i went a mowed lawns until i had the money to fix it as i worked on the car i began bonding with it and soon the car was like my right arm

oldfrontbumper.jpg

drove the car loved the car modded the car and fixed the problems with the body all was good until im driving to sacramento and the car in front of me locks up her brakes i do the same but i rearend her

DSC03652.jpg

then i rebuilt it and made it road worthy once again just in time to drive my best friend to his wedding passing corvettes on the way to tahoe!

DSC04104.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

drove the car and loved it as i always had until january 15 2009 when my beloved shelly met her end in the form of a 2002 tahoe threw the passenger door

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

my heart was broken all the work all the time all the energy and all the things this car had gotten me threw and it was over i was in bad shape after the accident both physically and emotionally

ow3.jpg

ow2.jpg

at this point i ad been on ratsun a while and of course i shared with everyone what had happened and one day someone posts that they have a 73 610 shell that they will sell they wanted to build it but they thought i needed it more then they did

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

so with my dads help and the pay out from the accedent i went to work building michelle from the remains of shelly piece by piece in the driveway

DSC04209.jpg

DSC04215.jpg

DSC04250.jpg

0708091738.jpg

DSC04400.jpg

DSC04465.jpg

0429111352.jpg

the story has no ending yet keep watching the build thread as she continues to take shape

• Like 1

the new car is named michelle and it has been a long hard road skib has flat out told me its the best story on ratsun im not sure about that but i do feel its a good story i even made build threads

http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/dedication-datsun-610/comment-page-1/#comment-4639