Exhaust not fitting properly after l20b install

So the shop that did my exhaust made it very tight on the l16 somehow, and now it is not really fitting the l20b properly. For starters I had to loosen the bolts holding the mani to the collector so the mani would fit onto the head studs, also the pipe just down from the collector is up tight against the transmission and knocking against it while driving.

I have a flange that mklotz made and was going to use that as a spacer between the mani and the collector to get the exhaust pipe off the transmission, but I do not believe that will fix the problem of the mani not fitting properly. Is there a way relax the exhaust so the mani will fit on? Or am I going to have to pay the exhaust shop to make a collector so that I get proper fitment?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the L20 block is about 3/4" taller....which raises the exhaust mani with it....so if it was tight on the L16, it probably won't clear the L20. Possibly pie cut the outside of the tubes so it can swing out a bit...then reweld. Easier to say with pics....just guessing otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...