WTB: Dual Carb Choke Cable Assembly

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a dual carb choke cable assembly, specifically for a Roadster with SUs, but perhaps cables from other cars would fit if they are long enough. Please contact by PM if you have a spare set to sell. Thanks.

Dealers used to stock choke cable assemblies complete with the dash knob for 2 liter, 1.6 liter roadsters and occasionally for the RL411. The main differences were length, all were dual cables connected to a drum mechanism in the dash knob. A "too long" assembly is no problem, just be creative in routing. A "too short" may also be overcome with ingenuity. If you get one, apply flux to the ends of the flex cable and tin lightly with solder before installing in the SU "cups" and torqueing the fastening nuts. This will prevent fraying and permit removal and replacement for future adjusting, carb swapping or just plain screwing around with carb adjustments / rebuilding. Good luck on the hunt!

I am looking for a dual carb choke cable assembly, specifically for a Roadster with SUs, but perhaps cables from other cars would fit if they are long enough. Please contact by PM if you have a spare set to sell. Thanks.

You can buy them new from any of the datsun roadster suppiers out there, I know ralleye has them with oem looking knob($$), or an aftermarket knob which is less money, there is dr. datsun also, I don't know what stock "sports imports" carrys, but Ross has always been good to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.