rock auto engine parts

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might check these home-skillets out:

http://www.rpmrons.com/Nissankits.html

ouch. You'd think @ $500 clams they'd tell ya if you're gettin Hyper pistons, cl77 bearings, or sumthin! I can almost rebuild a small block chevy, including machinework, for the price of their kit alone. I know, I know~ apples -n- oranges... Contact them and request a written a BOM description for all parts included in their kit. You might just find (if you feel comfortable doing so) that you can piece together a kit on your own for less~ or better parts for the same money. If you read his history bio you'll see the machine shop's closed, and all that's offered is online kits. If he was racin in the 60's that means he's an OLD GUY now~ so likely his parts are online purchased as well, but I could be wrong... Once you've got part #'s plug them in here, and see what you can save~

www.summitracing.com

Good luck~!

RockAuto sells many different brands of parts -- some excellent some just OK. But I think they don't sell a "master rebuild kit". Instead get a re-ring kit. And inspect your bearings, they are probably OK, so you probably won't need new ones unless making noise.

Had a discussion w/ a friend awhile back about auto parts store and he's been in the business for years so basically Rock Auto is like the $1 store of the auto parts community. They buy volumes of parts from companies that bellied up or find parts from China...