1972 Datsun 521 1600 pickup truck

I hate to have to do this, but I'm putting my truck up for sale. I screwed up my already bad back more this weekend, and it is almost unbearable to drive now :mad:

1972 521 - odo reads 39xxx miles

L16 block/L18 head

Weber 32/36 carb rebuilt 3 months ago

electronic matchbox distributor

new dist. cap/rotor, plugs & wires 3 months ago

2 - Sparco Sprint bucket seats (*also a '73 620 bench)

no major rust - interior was sprayed w/rust prevention primer, then rubberized undercoating was sprayed over that, then I put the carpet back in

3" drop blocks in rear - cranked down torsions in front

new fuel pump & filter

new windshield seal

I'm sure there is more stuff I'm forgetting about...

I sanded the tops of the fenders & the roof down to metal & covered it with a thin matte clear. The inside of the bed is not very beat up at all! No major rotting!!

I love this truck, and its great on gas around town - I use it to commute from Seattle to Shoreline.

I'm going to start the price at $2500 or best offer and see where things go. I've paid over that in buying the truck & parts for it. If you want to make me an offer, feel free, I'm up for a bit of negotiating.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pliggity/725211600Patsan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since you had that feeling, glad I didn't disappoint! And no, I didn't do any of the work I had planned on doing this weekend.

I have a bad back that got worse, no way I'm able to lean under the hood and work on pulling an engine now. I can barely tolerate sitting in it and driving it 20 minutes to work.

I've been trying to connect with Icehouse to scope out the orange wagon, but we haven't hooked up yet...

i feel for you on the back pain, spent three days last week unable to walk without major help. havent driven my 620 in about 12 days. miss it too, really do not want to sell. I will consider making it a long travel prerunner truck for a softer ride before i give it up.

Jason

Datdoug

Offer $800 for the truck

and 800$ for the wheels.

why so low Hainz? Well he sanded on it already and with this weather it needs to be done correctly. Should have kept the stock paint on there and just buffed it out.

As for the 510 station wagon. Those need motors/and maintanace also , so I dont get it whats the different between a 521 and a 510. Your going to be bending over and underneath a 35 year old car(good BACK or NOT). The find out your going to lower it. What about your back.

There wasn't much paint on the roof to buff out... it was rusting, peeling and flaking off. Whatever, like I need to justify to you what I did to the truck. Sorry to have put a mark in the Datsun world. Would you mind if I tried another one?

The way that I sit in the truck is the problem. My posture is not good enough, and I don't have enough room to move the seat back to stretch my legs out. With the bench seat in it, there isn't enough support for me, and I slide all over the seat. My lower back, sides, and legs aren't strong enough to keep me in place by holding on to the steering wheel. If I were driving a 510, I imagine that I could move the seat back a little bit more, and therefore sit a bit better. I tried to put the Sparco's in it, which helped a bit, but not enough. After 5 months already of physical therapy & rehab, I'm not trying to drag it all out longer just so I can keep my truck. If I do get a Datsun, I'll make sure you're ok with what I want to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.