No headlights, high beams nor turn signals....1972 510

So my orange 510 is finally put back together...But now that everything is there, nothing turns on. Funny thing is, that the headlights have power on the red wire, but when I pull the headlight switch on my dash nothing comes on.

The turn signals don't work either, even though there is power going to the harnesses.

Is this a corrosion issue on the main fuse box? I know where there is a relay for the turn signals, but is there a relay for the headlights? high beams? ALSO, my wipers don't work either...

This car was stored for 1-year under somewhat rainy conditions. ANY IDEAS FOLKS? I need this car drivable by this week, HELP!!! :unsure:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the fuses. Also unbolt the fuse box and look underneath to see if any wires are corroded through.

The best way to self diagnose is find a wiring diagram and trace the circuits that aren't working to a common point that they all share, and start there. Check grounds, connections, etc.

check both sides of the fuse for power, pull the fuse block and soak it in vinegar and try replacing all the fuses with brand new ones. I had this problem and it was the fuse itself, it was barely cracked so it looked good but would not work off and on.

Funny thing is, that the headlights have power on the red wire

510s are wired this way. Headlights are always HOT,but not grounded. The headlight switch activates the grounds.

This is opposite how other Datsuns work.

when I pull the headlight switch on my dash nothing comes on

Is the dash fully bolted in? The instrument panel (cluster) grounds to the metal dash frame. And the dash grounds to the body. If you paint these parts you may not have a proper ground.