! think the l20b head is bad what do you think??

wussyboi

He called on the extra head I have.

He said he might get rid of the car even after its fixed so I told him I really dont want to sell it if your going to just get rid of the car and its in the dump 6 months from now from another owner.I don't really need the 40 buck but rather the head go to a good home that some can apprciate.

So this car might be in the U pick it up for 100$ section soon.Datsunaholic??????L20 block?

In '04 I bought a '81 510 wagon for $100 with the head off, warped like a banana. Fixed it, great car, but got rear-ended on the freeway 6 months later and that was the end of that. Miss that one, had working A/C and everything.

Frankly I've been paying too much for other folks projects since then, but scrap prices are way up and $250 a car at the scales, you aren't getting the $100 projects anymore let alone the $100 runners I was getting 10 years ago, when scrap was $25 a car. I'm pretty sure this particular one was on CL a while back for way more than it was worth (advertised with the blown head gasket, I wouldn't have guessed that much carnage though) but then again there's been several overpriced, non-running A10-type 510s on CL in Renton in the last year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He called on the extra head I have.

He said he might get rid of the car even after its fixed so I told him I really dont want to sell it if your going to just get rid of the car and its in the dump 6 months from now from another owner.I dont really need the 40 buck but rather the head go to a good home that some can apprciate.

So this car might be in the U pick it up for 100$ section soon.Datsunaholic??????L20 block?

Yes, Hainz I did talk to you about buying the head but you did not tell the rest of the story. I think I said that I was fixing the car up and sell it to a frend so he and his two kids could get around. If I wanted the head I would have just B.S. you and got the head and sold the car to someone that would not appreciate it. But talking to you I could feel that you were trying to help someone who would appreciate the car. I know how it goes on that I fix up Vespa Scooter from Italy and when you hear of someone junking a scooter with something you needed on it or someone being an A-Hole and not helping you out with a part that he has 15 of. I thought I would fall on the sword and take a lost on it. I have a line on a 92 NX2000 with a SR20 motor and bigger brakes that needs a clutch and I know more about them because I had a 92 Sentra SE-R and replaced a motor and two clutches in them.

In '04 I bought a '81 510 wagon for $100 with the head off, warped like a banana. Fixed it, great car, but got rear-ended on the freeway 6 months later and that was the end of that. Miss that one, had working A/C and everything.

Frankly I've been paying too much for other folks projects since then, but scrap prices are way up and $250 a car at the scales, you aren't getting the $100 projects anymore let alone the $100 runners I was getting 10 years ago, when scrap was $25 a car. I'm pretty sure this particular one was on CL a while back for way more than it was worth (advertised with the blown head gasket, I wouldn't have guessed that much carnage though) but then again there's been several overpriced, non-running A10-type 510s on CL in Renton in the last year.

Your right I could have taken it to the scrap yard and walked out with $250.00 and my pocket but I only gotten $100.00?? Why?? Someone from this board PM'ed me about the car and was going to pick it up for his son to fix up and drive around. The kid just got his card to drive about 2 weeks ago and I like to see someone who appreciates Datsuns and willing to fix it up and have fun with it. I do not know who is selling 510s in Renton but it's not me I bought this car from the northwest center auto sales in Auburn. For an ex so she could drive it for work. I think I posted something about it here?

doug

he said it had new brakes

206 458 1840

Thanks for posting my phone number on the board and not asking me if it’s O.K. But hey the car is sold to someone who I hope has your blessing and will appreciate it.

Maybe that headband in your video as with yourself should just loosen up a bit just a thought.

MY goal is to save this car. Was hoping Datsunaholic would save it as he likes these models.

As for givn out the number sorry but its the fastes way to save this car as you said you wanted it gone by the weekend with out PM everybody on the Forum.

Maybe that headband in your video as with yourself should just loosen up a bit just a thought.

alot of people want to wrap that Headband around my neck and pull it with their Hands and Feet!!!!!!!!!

If the new owner wants the head I will sell it for 100$. This will prevent it from going to the dump as more they spend the more likely they will keep it.

Hey, I wasn't trying to knock you on it. What I meant was that I used to buy projects and runners for $100, but I can't find those anymore now that scrap is up. I end up paying $250 for cars just to compete with the scrappers, so I get a lot pickier now. Basically if I'm going to have to pay $200-250 it either has to run or the body has to be near perfect. If it doesn't run AND the body is all rusty I don't even bother, it's not worth the hassle.

The problem is you find folks here trying to sell rusty vehicles with tore up interiors and some major mechanical or electrical malady for $1000 and up. With 2-door 68-73 510s, Roadsters, and early 240Zs that sometimes will work. But anything after 1974 you aren't getting that. I didn't know how much you were selling it for, and didn't know you'd already had a buyer lined up.

Hainz doesn't want to sell or give away parts to folks and then find that the part just went to the scrapyard or on a shelf somewhere. He wants to help folks get a car on the road for THEM to use, not to fix and sell. That's his way, and it's kind of my way too. I've given away parts, I've sold parts, etc and nothing ticks me off more than to give someone a part because they "desperately needed the car running" only to see it up for sale as soon as it's running.

O.k. cool, I'm the same way on all of that. It's all good and it did go to someone on here that will fix it up. thanks for all your help on this and maybe someday when i have time and money i will get a 510 and hang out with you all!!