280zx Master Cylinder Needed ASAP Core OK

In the process of doing the disk brake swap on my 521, got it together, went to bleed it and fluid is dumping on the floor from the master, took it apart and found:

IMG_2625.jpg

I need a cheap ass 79-81 280zx master, broken core is fine, I just need to get one of those seals out of it, there are four I think so chance are there would be a salvageable one even in a scrap master.

local preferably, this is my daily driver and its out of commission till I get this handled

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya. I had the same problem went to Nissan and they sent me a rebuild kit for a clutch, the idiots. "No problem, we'll just return it and get the right one.... Oh... NLA" Went to NAPA and they said they were not made any more but the counter guy was real helpful and had 'other' sources. Called this guy up and had a kit the next day. When I picked it up the guy there said he'd been working there over 20 years and had never seen that make in that type of box color and artwork. Said that kit must have been sitting on a shelf for a long time.

The old zx seals had horizontal score lines on them from sliding back and forth in the cylinder. I wonder if these could be lightly 'sanded' down to make a better seal?

If you ever find a supply of 15/16" seals let me know.

• 9 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.