How to secure a throttle cable to the pedal

So in my 510 i have an L20B and the throttle cable is simply sitting in the groove in the pedal with nothing preventing it from popping out. There is a ball at the end of the cable along with a white plastic thing that looks cracked. i saw some pics of other cables and it all looked like stuff thats already on the cable and that you can not add to it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking you could use a ~4mm(?) bolt/nut + washers in the notch so the cable cant slip out?

maybe if it wasnt perpendicular...

my pedal is similiar and i used a stud? ( :blink: it has 5 holes along the length) to attach the lokar cable in a similiar method

maybe if it wasnt perpendicular...

my pedal is similiar and i used a stud? ( :blink: it has 5 holes along the length) to attach the lokar cable in a similiar method

Hmm, the top of yours is rotated 90 degrees from what mine is.

How is the cable slipping out? Isn't it coming out the top notch? If so, cant you block up that notch with something? That's what I mean't with the bolt.

You just need to replace the plastic bushing. The back of it that sits in the round hole on your throttle cable has broken off. Get a new one from Nissan, or go to the wrecking yard and find a random Japanese vehicle from the 70's or 80s with a good plastic insulator and grab that off. Install on yours and good to go!

I used an '87 B2000 Mazda throttle cable on my 510. Very similar setup.