Throttle squeaking?

Hey all, I just finished installing a throttle cable, ect to my 32/36(car still is not running.) and whenever I open the throttle usually when it closes back it squeaks. Is there a common cause of this? I tried loosening up the bolt, that didnt help. It happens when the first throttle is opening/closing, the second one does not squeak. Should I just spray some grease/lubricant on it?

pic,

img20110628171731.th.jpg

Also, the throttle will not go back to fully closed with just the original spring, I have since added a second spring to pull it back shut and works fine, is that an OK setup?

For the pedal, its really stiff to push down. What type of lubricant to use on where the throttle connects to the plastic piece that screws into the firewall? After some searching I was thinking white lithium grease?

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extra springs will just load the throttle shaft down and wear an oval hole in the carb body. This will throw the throttle plate out of alignment and it won't close properly. You'll have fast idle on throttle return that has to be released by tapping the gas peddle, very annoying. The worn body will also leak vacuum throwing the idle mixture off.

Extra springs will just load the throttle shaft down and wear an oval hole in the carb body. This will throw the throttle plate out of alignment and it won't close properly. You'll have fast idle on throttle return that has to be released by tapping the gas peddle, very annoying. The worn body will also leak vacuum throwing the idle mixture off.

OK- so how do I get the throttle to close fully with just the original spring? it does not have enough force to close itself connected to the throttle cable/pedal. Suggestions?

Thanks.