32/36 hookup ...

Stupid_fast

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why buy another carburetor? The DGAV works very well. Just plumb those lines into your heater hose bypass.

Or unbolt that water-heated choke, and bolt the stock hitachi electric choke in the same spot. Yep, it fits.

OK, sounds good. The p/o gave me a really banged up ancient original hitachi carb. I'll see if I can rip the choke off of that. cool.gif

Is there and advantage running water vs electric? The water setup seems it would be annoying to hook up.

Thanks for the help!

I don't think the stock choke will fit on the weber. a weber choke kit should be cheap, either electric or manual. I like manual chokes cause they are simple, just run a cable to the knob under the dash, but electric are good too just run switched power to the choke and make sure it is adjusted right. I have never had a water choke so I don't know what they are like.

I don't think the stock choke will fit on the weber. a weber choke kit should be cheap, either electric or manual. I like manual chokes cause they are simple, just run a cable to the knob under the dash, but electric are good too just run switched power to the choke and make sure it is adjusted right. I have never had a water choke so I don't know what they are like.

Sounds good, I can get a new electric one for like $20, I'll do that.

my only problem with the electric chokes is adjusting right. some mornings it will fire once and will have to pull my air filter off and adjust it so it starts and stays on the high idle, then sometimes it wont come off high idle....i dont know maybe its something im doing wrong.

Yes, it's something you are doing wrong. If you adjust the choke per the factory service manual, it will run perfect. One pump of the pedal it will start and idle all by itself.

Yes, Hitachi choke fits a Weber DGV. I've done it several times. Ford chokes fit too.

Water choke works fine too.

i have a choke i bought off redline on my weber, not the hitachi choke. when i go out and its cold, i pump the pedal once with the key on (which should set the choke and high idle), i turn it over, and it fires like maybe 2 or 3 times then dies. i then have to get out, take my air filter off, loosen the screws on the choke, and turn it so the butterflies are just closed on the high idle. i then turn it over, and it fires up on high idle and stays just fine. today i noticed that my high idle came on while i was driving, so i turned the choke so the butterflies were all the way open on the low idle and while the truck was warmed up. not sure whats up but i figure if i mess with it enough i will eventually figure it out.

First problem is setting the choke when the engine is partially warm. It'll never work out well that way unless by chance.

The engine needs to be cold, and the temperature too, so let it sit overnight and set it one morning. Adjust it so the choke barely closes all the way. You need to open the throttle a little to do this.