removing paint from frame.

Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of paint is used on the frame for the datsun 620s from the factory. I tried spraying paint stripper and it doesnt work. I'm trying to por-15 the whole frame but seems like its a paint/undercoating or some sort? any ideas whats the best way to remove it? heatgun? just not sure if its regular paint or undercoatin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of paint is used on the frame for the datsun 620s from the factory. I tried spraying paint stripper and it doesnt work. I'm trying to por-15 the whole frame but seems like its a paint/undercoating or some sort? any ideas whats the best way to remove it? heatgun? just not sure if its regular paint or undercoatin

Sand blasting, it is easiest if someone else does it, :lol: Sometimes something that has been on something for 40 to 50 years is stubborn, but I have a feeling.......

I've tried those paint strippers. Didn't do crap. Just got a little gooey on some parts. It did burned my legs though.. lol.

I did however stripped it down to bare metal the hard way. Used a grinder. Still got about 20% left to do. I wish I had a sand blaster :(