Restoring Datsun emblems.

wat

I was looking at my two grill emblems and noticed they were a bit old and dull. I was thinking about ways to restore them. I want to carefully sand it all off/down. Respray it with primer then some chrome paint to give it a new shine. However, I do not know what kind of paint to use to get a glossy look for the colors inside the channels. Do I get some Rustoleum gloss paint and spray it on to a pallate and paint it on manually with a tooth brush? Or do I get a different set of paint and apply a shiny laquer to it? Would the laquer spray affect the chrome paint? Any ideas? If not I'll do some experimenting.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at my two grill emblems and noticed they were a bit old and dull. I was thinking about ways to restore them. I want to carefully sand it all off/down. Respray it with primer then some chrome paint to give it a new shine. However, I do not know what kind of paint to use to get a glossy look for the colors inside the channels. Do I get some Rustoleum gloss paint and spray it on to a pallate and paint it on manually with a tooth brush? Or do I get a different set of paint and apply a shiny laquer to it? Would the laquer spray affect the chrome paint? Any ideas? If not I'll do some experimenting.

From what I've see most people use model paints for the colors and brush it on.