Revenage of the Rove.

Hey everyone! I've Been browsing the ratsun forums for a while with a little posting but I feel like it is finally time to introduce myself.

My name is Ryan, i'm a 19 year old political science study at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. (The capital of Canada). I've been a car fanatic since I was 7 years old, where, I managed to have a collection of over 400 hot wheels. That collection has since long gone (a few have stayed! I wont lie!) and I've moved on to real wheels. Since i was 14 I have been surrounded by cars by my step father. Our current collection has reached a total of 9 which includes 3 caddies, 1 corvette, 1 thunderbird, 1 f150, 1 chev, and finally now, one datsun.

Now with that being said I wasnt really mechanically inclined with cars until i was 15. It was at this point where my stepdad (a year away from getting my license) thought we should get a project car so i could learn things have an experience he was given. After much searching and planning it was thought that i best drive a truck for insurance and their easy maintenance/modding. We came to choose a 1987 F150 Side-step dox pick up. One of the early EFI ford engines. Now my step dad being raised with carb'd engines he wanted me to learn with old school. So we took out the EFI and replaced it with a 351 cleveland from a 71 mustang boss. We rebuilt and swapped in the 351 together in which i had a blast. I drove that truck till i moved away from 16-18 years old (minus winters). Every day i loved it and it even came second at a car show in the 80's division.

Now i lived in residence my first year so it didn't make much sense for me to drive my truck and bring to school with me. So it got put in storage and my step dad and i decided we would collectively make it into a drag truck. He just likes it probably more than i do.

Since not driving in all of first year university. I was growing tired of not having a car at my disposal. It was becoming expensive to get home for holidays being 6 hours away from home. With first year done, me having a house and planning to live in Ottawa for the summer my parents thought I should invest in a different mode of transportation. Now i have always had a thing for japanese cars. I love the sounds over turbos over superchargers and making only 400 something horsepower (compared to my 575 hp on my f150) but still being able to beat cars with much higher levels of hp was amazing to me. At first i looked into civic egs (obviously my first choice) and cars like that. Basically i wanted to be different, i love muscle cars and will probably own one when I'm older but i wanted Jap. It wasnt until my step dad told me to look in to retro japanese cars (most notably to me the AE86 Toyota). I saw 510s, 720s, old skylines, Z cars etc. I fell in love. I had 5,000 away for this so i was trying to find a nice looking one without having to do too much body work. I thought it was never gonna happen until one faithful phone call telling me at an auction there was a clean 720. I said buy it, transfered all 5000 to my step dads account and waited. With out fail for 2,440 including auction fees it was mine.

TS11_r134_01.jpg

TS11_r134_02.jpg

TS11_r134_03.jpg

Had some electronic issues with "Rover" and had the opition to get rid of her but, im in love. I love datsun/nissan groups and the people that drive them. I saw my first other datsun while driving today and the owner of the 510 i met was just has stoked as ours.

KA24DET swap to come, lowered to stancedddd! and such. (Mack Truck dog emblem replaced by nissan hamburger emblem) :).

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of the 150? What have you done to the 351? I had one in my bronco but it didn't put down close to that kind of power

Ill try to dig one up dont have pics on my mac. Its now getting completely redone for drag. Was also running 94 octane and tuned for it.

'81 or '82, definitely a Z22.

How the hell did that survive 30 salty Ontario winters???????

Yeah its and 82 with the Z22. Fun to drive but i want more power.

It looks like the truck was garage kept, there was some completely rusted throughs in the floor pans that had to be redone. It also lookes like it has an 85' bed ? Or so ive been told.