fj20et in a 620

Logikoone

Is there any around ? I'm pretty sure the swap is just like a ka/Sr20 , could I use parts off a ka like tranny , harness , ecu.? Any info would b great , just trying to piece everything together to see what I would spend down on the whole swap . i know u guys like pics so here is the motor and the truck its going into , picked it up from a member on here this morning

55aeef8a-orig.jpg

73dd61f8-orig.jpg

988c968e-orig.jpg

2010-11-18093647.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. That thing is gorgeous.

Good luck. I don't have any insight onto what parts you can use to get it running in the 620. But as far as parts and support are concerned. You might be able to get a lot of information, parts, and support from guys with R30 Skylines. I know there are a couple rolling around up here, so there should be even more down there. These guys should know a lot about part interchange, as well as importation. There are definitely some people on here that know a lot about FJs as well though, so you may be set.

I just want to tell you: good luck, we're all counting on you.

g2e22e2000000000000abb27579afb5058a70ff373a336a9f21f992c4f7.jpg

ive got an FJ and a 620, but dont have the balls to put them together :lol:

the trans ive got with mine looks almost identical to a long L20 5speed, if thats any help

engine mounts look like they'll be custom, and the sump ive got with mine doesnt look like it'd clear the lower crossmember. sumps are easy though, the pickup will likely have to be moved too

theres an EGR pipe that runs along the back of the engine, i reckon with that removed you could mount the engine a little further back. looks to be plenty of space in the 620 enginebay.

dont forget about cooler piping and placement, and engine management (stock FJ ECM's arent great so far as i hear)

ive got an FJ and a 620, but dont have the balls to put them together :lol:

the trans ive got with mine looks almost identical to a long L20 5speed, if thats any help

engine mounts look like they'll be custom, and the sump ive got with mine doesnt look like it'd clear the lower crossmember. sumps are easy though, the pickup will likely have to be moved too

theres an EGR pipe that runs along the back of the engine, i reckon with that removed you could mount the engine a little further back. looks to be plenty of space in the 620 enginebay.

dont forget about cooler piping and placement, and engine management (stock FJ ECM's arent great so far as i hear)

Thanks for the info , I appreciate it , gonna start my treasure hunt next week for parts

• 3 months later...