510 Window crank/door handle question

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was @ this truck/chrome shop and they had a bunch there. I've been meaning to try one. A buddy of mine had some on his toyota. I think they are univeral?

If they are universal that would be great but I have to say I have never seen a universal part for any car asside from maybe an air freshener. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hey Wicked, I'd say some are universal since these little ones fit our door handle spline perfect. I like them because they're smaller/compact than ours.

DSCN4836.jpg

Hey Wicked, I'd say some are universal since these little ones fit our door handle spline perfect. I like them because they're smaller/compact than ours.

DSCN4836.jpg

It's nice to know they fit a 510. It would be even nicer to know what they came off of.

It's nice to know they fit a 510. It would be even nicer to know what they came off of.

They're off some old Toyota, don't remember the model but my point was that they seem to be pretty universal since different manufacture's parts fit on ours.

Thankyou,its kind of a tease when someone says these fit a 510,and then dont tell you what they are off of,an old toyota atleast gives something to go on. :Dmaybe a corona or corolla?

Thankyou,its kind of a tease when someone says these fit a 510,and then dont tell you what they are off of,an old toyota atleast gives something to go on. :Dmaybe a corona or corolla?

Yeah I couldn't tell you, I'm not a Toyota freak so most of the 70's era Toyota models look pretty close to me, especially at the junkyard.

I have a window handle on its way out, I am going to have to look myself. I know that the '80 510/stanza parts car I had used the same spline count, and with how many similar parts the old Japanese manufacturers used, I would imagine some HAVE to be interchangeable...the questions are which ones!

I will be keeping my eye open because I really don't want to spend a fortune on a factory piece, and I don't want to pay to have one machined or tig welded(the factory handles look aluminum).

If anyone knows of a more common interchange, feel free to let us know!