Hello to all

Hello to all! I've always been a fan of datsun, & finally got my wish a dime of my own! She is a 71 wagon, all stock except the wheels & steering wheel. It's got alot of surface rust on it, but thats ok with me cause I like the rat rod look. My long term plans are sliding rag top, converting from solid axle to independent suspension, & motor swap. Don't know what engine I would like to have yet, any ideas whould be great.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on getting some pics on here kinda new to this forum or any forum for that fact:(

How those oics comin along :blink:

Oh ya silly me, welcome.

OICS!!!!

Lookin good!! Welcome to ratsun man cool.gif

Out of curiosity, whats wrong with the current engine that it needs a swap blink.gif Whatever you do, keep it Nissan, and period correct! I don't think people give L motors enough credit cool.gif

Lookin good!! Welcome to ratsun man cool.gif

Out of curiosity, whats wrong with the current engine that it needs a swap blink.gif Whatever you do, keep it Nissan, and period correct! I don't think people give L motors enough credit cool.gif

Thanks, right now nothing wrong with the motor, but after talking to a good friend of mine I would like to find a l20 to put in it. He said all I need to do is swap out the oil pump & pan with my l16 & it will fit.

Thanks, right now nothing wrong with the motor, but after talking to a good friend of mine I would like to find a l20 to put in it. He said all I need to do is swap out the oil pump & pan with my l16 & it will fit.

oil pumps are the same

cool goon!!

Depends on what the L20 came from.

But to be safe, use your own oil pan and pickup tube.

Front sump vs. rear sump.

When you switch to your L20B, use your current exhaust manifold, have your current intake manifold machined to match ports to head, and throw a Weber on there.38/38.

Is this your first Datsun?

Looks like you got some work in your future.

Have fun with it.

Depends on what the L20 came from.

But to be safe, use your own oil pan and pickup tube.

Front sump vs. rear sump.

When you switch to your L20B, use your current exhaust manifold, have your current intake manifold machined to match ports to head, and throw a Weber on there.38/38.

Is this your first Datsun?

Looks like you got some work in your future.

Have fun with it.

Thanks for the info, now I just need to find one.

Yes, this is my first datsun, as matter of fact this is the first wagon that I actually seen in person (don't see many datsun's in my area).

Rad wagon, man.

Looks like a good start, and those are some pretty ambitious ideas... a bit of advice, though. I would keep it simple to begin with, and just enjoy her for the first little while. You may decide or change your mind about what you want to do, or the about the projects you want to take on. If you read through the projects, there are numerous accounts where somebody's eyes were bigger than their stomach, and they got upside-down in a "mod". Next thing you know, it's 2 years later, they haven't driven it in a year and a half, and they're scrapping it or parting it out.

Oh yes, and welcome :)

• Like 1

Rad wagon, man.

Looks like a good start, and those are some pretty ambitious ideas... a bit of advice, though. I would keep it simple to begin with, and just enjoy her for the first little while. You may decide or change your mind about what you want to do, or the about the projects you want to take on. If you read through the projects, there are numerous accounts where somebody's eyes were bigger than their stomach, and they got upside-down in a "mod". Next thing you know, it's 2 years later, they haven't driven it in a year and a half, and they're scrapping it or parting it out.

wow could not have said any better

Rad wagon, man.

Thanks for the welcome :D I totally understand that have seen some of my honda friends go through that same thing. I'm totally enjoying her that's for sure! I just love the looks I get while driving her (most are wtf is that?) But the few die-hard datsun/nissan people i've seen have been..wow nice dime. My starting plans are a 32/36 weber, and repainting the wheels that are on it they are pink, gonna go with basic black. Have had many thoughts of what I want to do with her, sad thing is my dreams are alot bigger than my wallet.

i dig it and i love the mirror's you are going to have a blast with it

:D Thanks man, the mirrors I was told came off a old 60's ford can't remember what model though. The pics were taken the day I got her home and haven't done anything to her. The only thing I have done is put the front bumper back on & removed the ball hitch (don't see myself towing anything with her)