L series intake manifold

In one of the "how to hot rod your Datsun" books, there is a photo & mention of an intake manifold, made by Edelbrock, which accepts a 2 barrel (350/500cfm) Holley carburetor, onto an L series engine. I think it would have been in the late 70's early 80's era.

Does anybody know where I might be able to source one of these from?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rock a holly 350 / lz-24. use a chev 2bbl rochester to holly adapter, you can drill and tap or weld on .

Pictures? or a link to pictures?..... I have a Holley 390cfm on my Ford 2.6 powered wagon.

I would be real happry to run twin side draft webers but racing class rules specify 350cfm holley. Currently using an adapter onto a standard intake but would like something better. Hopefully someone finds one in amongst all their unused parts, that they want to get rid of.

unfortunately no. Only single carb.

Anybody have any experience with the Offenhauser "c" series manifolds #6213C & #6214C?

They have the little Holley/Weber flange, but I see they make an adapter to fit a 2300 series Holley onto these manifolds. Wondering if these manifolds are larger in the both the plenum & runner area's. This might be my next best alternative, if I can find one (this seems to be the common problem).

Anybody have any experience with the Offenhauser "c" series manifolds #6213C & #6214C?

They have the little Holley/Weber flange, but I see they make an adapter to fit a 2300 series Holley onto these manifolds. Wondering if these manifolds are larger in the both the plenum & runner area's. This might be my next best alternative, if I can find one (this seems to be the common problem).

got any pics?

the one you first posted exists but there pretty rare/dont pop up very often

not really. After using Hellamikey's link to Summit's advert for an Offenhauser 4 barrel (square bore) manifold, I tried "googling" Offenhauser. Couldn't find a web site for them, but found some nostalgic racer website that had a copy of the Offenhauser catalogue (scanned version of an actual hard copy so its a bit blury). Looking through that, I found several different styles.

ArizonaZ car and the Z store sell 4 barrel manifolds for L6 motors which you could probably modify to fit a L4. Also I have seen a lot of pictures where people made custom manifolds that bolt up to the SU manifolds. I would think a 4 barrel would be too much carb for a L4 unless it had a lot of mods done to it.

Is this the intake you are refering to? I bought this one from a ratsun member this past winter and put it on my dirttrack race car. I didn't take any measurements, before I installed it on my race car, but it looks like it is a little more open where the carb mounts up. the Adapter that comes with this intake also has a nice beveled design for a smooth transition from the carb to the intake, unlike most "blocky/clunky" looking designs. It's nice and smooth. I put a Weber 40DFAV1 carb on mine. I have a L16 with a large cam and a header. Nothing fancy, but it seems to run much better than the stock intake did with a 32/36 Weber, and adapter plate and a stock intake. I hope this helps.

EdelbrockIntake.jpg

I was under the belief that they accepted a 2300 series carb (350/500cfm), basically half the base plate of a 4150 series 4 barrel. That might not be the case, unless there is another one that was made.

However, the fact that it has a larger plenum opening & runners, then this would be a much better alternative for our application.

Where am I going to find another?

anyone know if the offenhauser versions are comparable?

• 2 weeks later...

Those dual port intakes (have a divider running through the intake runner) by Offenhauser, seem to still be available. I've seen a few places I can buy them. But I'm after either the Edelbrock or Offenhauser open, individual runner, style manifold. They seem to be hard to find either new or used.

Villegs; unless you're going to use your car just on the street, I wouldn't use the dual port intake. It will run out of puff too low in the rpm range for any sort of competition use. But if you're just going to to run around the streets, then it will be fine up to about 5500-6000rpm, and should increase low rpm throttle response & torque. But if will fall flat on its face if you want to make any power up high.