Dual 40mm Mikuni's w/canon manifold

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind me asking, what was going on with them?

Knocking under heavy acceleration. Top end and throttle response was better than the SU's however. I think they just need a bigger pump jet, the knocking decreased when I maxed out the adjustment rod. I got tired of fiddling with these and wanted easier starts and reliability.

Knocking under heavy acceleration. Top end and throttle response was better than the SU's however. I think they just need a bigger pump jet, the knocking decreased when I maxed out the adjustment rod. I got tired of fiddling with these and wanted easier starts and reliability.

That isn't that hard of a fix. I was wondering because I have the same exact carbs and mani.

Its a good deal for them especially including the mani and insulators. I bet these wont last long!

GLWS!

The manifold will not

a14 manifolds for Mikuni's are available on eBay, so I'm sure elsewhere. I'll buy this manifold if the price is good and the seller doesn't mind splitting it up. I have experience fabricating linkages so I'm OK with those parts missing

• 1 month later...

These are good price.

Its a simple fix if a fix at all. accell pump diaphram could be instelled upside down or what ever

40s are perfect for the steet.

I love my 40s

both pumps work fine. I put new rebuild kits in both of these, new seals, diaphragm, needles. Like I said, when I adjusted the stroke it made a big improvement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.