Need help fixing my high beams!!!

Ok so all my lights work like they should except my high beams. I gave the bulbs straight power and they worked fine. I also replaced the headlight relay with a known good one (they both click when switching from low to high. The only thing left that I can think of is the actual high beam switch that went bad... I bought the car like this so I have no idea when they last worked or how they went out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actual high beam switch that went bad???????? If it clicked then the switched told the relay to click right?

get a test light and ground it. then take the pointy end and put on all the connctors in back of lamp. No need to remove the connecteor just get to it. all should have 12volts to them. Then when you pull the swtich inside the one of the connectors should go to ground. That means your light will NOT come on.

what uauslly happens when the relay goes bad is the low beam works and when you switch to HIGHs all the lights go out.

Let use know. if this looks stock or is cut up. When it come to switchable ground most car guys are Morons on how it works. But its very simple. The Japs new what they were doing.

thay realy you have needs to be cked just to be sure.

dont be cutting up stuff!!!!!!!

I do know that the parking lights have to be working to have high beams. The headlight relay gets it's power from the parking light circuit. Without it, it won't switch. I'll try to post which wire on the relay sould have power from the parking lights. The other wire is grounded by the high beam switch to trigger the relay.