going price on a running pl510 wagon?

LeX

I found one locally and since they are getting harder to find, thought I might buy it.

It's a 4spd and l16, no rust issues (stated)

interior appears to be in decent shape.

runs, drives, stops.

what do you guys think is a reasonable price to offer? he wants 2800 but that seems a bit steep to me. ....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a pretty good deal to me. When I talked to the guy a few weeks ago he said that the car was his fathers and that it had sat a while. He also didn't sound too motivated to take any movement on the price. But that was then... Good luck!!

Yeah bro! It was the first coast. Pilgrims and shit...way back when.

Here's a GOON that just keeps getting more expensive. NOT MINE!

http://atlanta.craig...2324892440.html

http://atlanta.craig...2336819335.html

Ah, I'm Alex and in Atlanta.

Just about to start a Master's program at Georgia State so I suppose I will be stuck in this hellhole a bit longer!

I sold a pretty solid one that had minor dings on it along with a couple extras(euro taillights, map light, L18, weber, 5-spd, crack free dash...) for $2250. That was here in Datsunland where they are plentiful, so on the East coast, I'd say that the demand is a bit higher, and therefore the price as well. $2800 doesn't seem like an absolute steal, but I'd have to see the overall condition and hear it run to say if it wasn't a good deal or not. I'm leaning more towards "pretty good deal".

I sold a pretty solid one that had minor dings on it along with a couple extras(euro taillights, map light, L18, weber, 5-spd, crack free dash...) for $2250. That was here in Datsunland where they are plentiful, so on the East coast, I'd say that the demand is a bit higher, and therefore the price as well. $2800 doesn't seem like an absolute steal, but I'd have to see the overall condition and hear it run to say if it wasn't a good deal or not. I'm leaning more towards "pretty good deal".

I went to look at it yesterday.

Exterior was great. Just some surface rust at the back from water running down the hatch. and one cracked taillight lens

Faded yellow paint.

Interior all there... typical cracked dash.

passenger front floor had one thin spot in it but rest of floors seemed reasonably solid for a east coast car.

battery tray area rusted away..

that;s bout it

I went to look at it yesterday.

Exterior was great. Just some surface rust at the back from water running down the hatch. and one cracked taillight lens

Faded yellow paint.

Interior all there... typical cracked dash.

passenger front floor had one thin spot in it but rest of floors seemed reasonably solid for a east coast car.

battery tray area rusted away..

that;s bout it

Got pics?

I saw that the other day on CL and thought about going for a look.

Sounds like it's in pretty good shape considering the year and the fact that most east coast cars are neglected as hell. I don't think 2800 would be a fair price though.

I don't know, bro. That sounds pretty solid for a goon here in the ATL. No serious body rust or floorboard swiss cheese....:mellow: And a complete interior!

Did you have a chance to drive it?

A while ago there was 2door dime with a sr20de who's seller was asking for about the same. The floor was nearly nonexistent. Front cross-member was a welded in piece of C channel steel. And it had serious body rust-through. Dimes in good shape are pretty rare around here.

I say take cash and negotiate.

the guy is dead set on the price or says he is just going to keep it. Says guys from lots of other states are saying they are gonna come pick it up. 2800 is just too much for me to pay for it. If he would take 2000 I would pick it up

I didn't drive it because that wasn't too important to me. He said he just drove it 200 miles with no issues .

the tires have good tread but are dry rotted so i would prob bring my own wheels to roll away on if i got it haha..

someone should buy it!

It really is in pretty good shape, just 2800 bucks would drain my bank account entirely

I paid 1700 for my goon... 1972, L18 with sidedrafts and dogleg 5spd

one dent, little bit of rust in the rockers and a few isolated holes in the floor. perfect frame rails

my wagon putting down close to 300whp (not a good DD lol)

I didn't drive it because that wasn't too important to me. He said he just drove it 200 miles with no issues .

the tires have good tread but are dry rotted so i would prob bring my own wheels to roll away on if i got it haha..

someone should buy it!

It really is in pretty good shape, just 2800 bucks would drain my bank account entirely

I paid 1700 for my goon... 1972, L18 with sidedrafts and dogleg 5spd

one dent, little bit of rust in the rockers and a few isolated holes in the floor. perfect frame rails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTo1m_WWSYs

my wagon putting down close to 300whp (not a good DD lol)

nice wagon! did you swap the rear end drive train when you did the SR swap? im in the middle of doing the same motor swap and trying to find a stronger rear end.

My buddy is going to pick up a 510 wagon that has been sitting for 20 years has a L20, Five speed, SU's, Header, Regrind Cam, 13inch American Racing wheels, Rust biggrin.gif, And decent interior. It needs some work to get running again and drivable but where I live they are very rare, This is the first 510 I have seen in person and he is buying it for $400 plus yard work and then I will be helping him build it in my driveway.

I didn't totally agree with the price as the rust in the dog leg is pretty bad but otherwise there is no rust in the rails or floor! blink.gif thats about it and it needs lots of brake work, but for how rare they are around here I thought it was a decent find, It will literally be the only 510 in Colorado springs that I know about.

nice wagon! did you swap the rear end drive train when you did the SR swap? im in the middle of doing the same motor swap and trying to find a stronger rear end.

the best thing to do is a narrowed ford 8.8 and work with that.

my rear end holds up fine cause i just have regular street tires on it so it just spins tires, not putting too much stress on the rear end :)

• 2 weeks later...

This wagon drove from Canton to Snellville just fine. I was going to trade him my 944 when I still had it for the car. He did not like pcar and the deal fell through :( It's a nice dime, no sill, rocker, or floorboard rot.

• 1 month later...

story of the car is pretty much what everyone else has said it was his fathers and they had gotten it in 74 i think is what he said. but the drive home was a bit interesting, the right front brake kept locking randomly while going down the road. Then halfway home the car dies and wont start back, so start going thru all the stuff to find out the wire going to the coil to the distributer is loose and there was a very thick oil coming from the coil. As for work needed it needs new plug wires, dist cap, oil and filter, and heater hoses hooked back up driving in the rain with no defrost sucks. besides all this car ran and drove great and handled well for car that has sat for awhile. so for the long sentences and horrible grammar. and will post pics when i get home if its not to dark