My SC300 Project

I'm sorry it took so long to start this, but I've had a lot of problems that have slowed progress on all my projects. here are the first pics of the Black Pain that has been nothing but trouble. I will not be able to get it on the road til I find all the parts to put EGR on it since JDM 2JZ-DTEs didn't come with it, and it will not pass smog without. Hopefully I can find someone that put aftermarket intake and headers on his Supra that I can buy the parts I need from. :(

Babysfirstpic2.jpg

Babysfirstpic1.jpg

Herheart.jpg

Babysfirstpic3.jpg

0122111321.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cooooooooooool 2J is nice, a neat conversion too looks great :thumbup:

i sorta liked soarers, then when a mate got one the more time i spent with it in person the more i liked them. pics rarely do em justice ive found, they look heaps bigger in photos. cool lookin things though :)

ive got a celsior/LS400 and a JZ cressida project (which is getting love after the 620), i might be able to help if you've got any dramas

toymods is a killer forum too if you're not on it already, lots of good stuff buried in there

Rather than put those wheels on, I would suggest that you try to obtain the "original" six cylinder Toyota Soarer 2 level interlaced spoke mag wheels [6.5JJx15, apparently 4 offset vice standard 7JJx16 2.5]. They only came on the first generation 2.5 liter twin turbo models which had higher horsepower and torque ratings than the 4 liter V8. I have a copy of the June 10, 1991 Japanese Car and Driver which has an extensive spread on the first generation new Soarer variants. Torsen differential anyone?

cooooooooooool 2J is nice, a neat conversion too looks great :thumbup:

i sorta liked soarers, then when a mate got one the more time i spent with it in person the more i liked them. pics rarely do em justice ive found, they look heaps bigger in photos. cool lookin things though :)

ive got a celsior/LS400 and a JZ cressida project (which is getting love after the 620), i might be able to help if you've got any dramas

toymods is a killer forum too if you're not on it already, lots of good stuff buried in there

Thanks for the info, right now I just need EGR parts so it will pass smog, and info on the auto trans to get it shifting right.

Rather than put those wheels on, I would suggest that you try to obtain the "original" six cylinder Toyota Soarer 2 level interlaced spoke mag wheels [6.5JJx15, apparently 4 offset vice standard 7JJx16 2.5]. They only came on the first generation 2.5 liter twin turbo models which had higher horsepower and torque ratings than the 4 liter V8. I have a copy of the June 10, 1991 Japanese Car and Driver which has an extensive spread on the first generation new Soarer variants. Torsen differential anyone?

This car needs all the tire I can get on it so it can hook up. When I get the other issues taken care of I'm going to start saving for a Torsen, it smokes the one too narrow tire any time you get into boost. I would have saved my money and stayed with the BBS wheels if I didn't need a lot more tire. I got a killer deal on the wheels, that was too good to pass up, they are 8.5X19 front and 9.5X19 for the rear, I saw a set on a black SC and they look great! Just have to save up for the expensive tires, after I get it to pass smog. :P

Nice, I might be putting a 2jz in my Z within the next year or so.

That would be an incredible conversion, just make sure you get a US version if you need to pass smog where you live, so you don't end up with the same problems I have. A Z with that much power will be scary fast! :D

I have considered a JZ swap in my Z someday as well. biggrin.gif but I Think I might just build a High comp L28. Also the last time I checked which is a while ago there was a 2jz powered Lexus in the Pay and pull here in the Springs, I don't know whats left of it or if its there, but its a lead if you need parts. I'm guessing your in denver since you need to pass smog? I also do know a guy who has a bunch of Supra parts he lives in Mississippi I believe.

I have considered a JZ swap in my Z someday as well. biggrin.gif but I Think I might just build a High comp L28. Also the last time I checked which is a while ago there was a 2jz powered Lexus in the Pay and pull here in the Springs, I don't know whats left of it or if its there, but its a lead if you need parts. I'm guessing your in denver since you need to pass smog? I also do know a guy who has a bunch of Supra parts he lives in Mississippi I believe.

Thanks for the info, it has to be a GTE, as the intake and exhaust manifolds are different from a GE. Yes I'm in the Denver area. :(

depends on the model engine but basically;

FE is a standard head

GE is a performance head/yamaha developed

GTE is performance head and turbo equipped

so for various engines;

1JZGE is the NA 2.5L 6

1JZGTE is the twin turbo and later single turbo 2.5L 6

2JZGE is the NA 3L 6

2JZGTE is the twin turbo 3L 6

ill poke about on toymods see if i can find anything about your auto dramas. ive heard similar problems for 2JZ cressidas, it has to do with going from the stock A340 in the twin turbo models, to the A341E found on the back of 2JZ's and 1UZ's. i thought it was something to do with A341's having a seperate computer but i dont know any more about that

depends on the model engine but basically;

FE is a standard head

GE is a performance head/yamaha developed

GTE is performance head and turbo equipped

so for various engines;

1JZGE is the NA 2.5L 6

1JZGTE is the twin turbo and later single turbo 2.5L 6

2JZGE is the NA 3L 6

2JZGTE is the twin turbo 3L 6

ill poke about on toymods see if i can find anything about your auto dramas. ive heard similar problems for 2JZ cressidas, it has to do with going from the stock A340 in the twin turbo models, to the A341E found on the back of 2JZ's and 1UZ's. i thought it was something to do with A341's having a seperate computer but i dont know any more about that

Thanks in advance for any info you can get on the trans, I have the trans out of the Aristo, that the engine came out of, that could cure my problem, if it will work with the computer that I have. I don't think the head makes a difference, It's the intake is different between the 2JZ-GE and the 2JZ-GTE, that is why I need one from a US spec GTE to hookup the EGR, also need the EGR valve, the plumbing, and the exhaust manifold for the EGR to be smog legal. I really want to get this car registered, so I can start getting it ready for a new paint job without wondering if I will ever be able to drive it legally. :(