what kind of rims to you guys run on ur 620's

youngen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you haven't bought a truck yet you should probably decide which wheels you want to run first. I tried to put Titans on my 79' KC but they would not tuck. The track width on a factory disc truck is significantly wider than a drum brake truck.

I wound up with Tahoe Z71 17s on my 79'

016-5.jpg

017-2.jpg

They fit pretty good with 4" rear drop and front cranked to match.

If you want to tuck 18s then I recommend a drum brake truck. Here is my 77 on QX56s they are the same size and offset as Titans

019.jpg

018.jpg

As you can see I prefer my wheels and tires inside my fenders. At least on the lowered ones anyway.

Of course if you like real deep rims and don't mind if they stick out or you want to run flares then it doesn't matter which brakes you have as long as they are on a Datsun.

I tried to put Titans on my 79' KC but they would not tuck. The track width on a factory disc truck is significantly wider than a drum brake truck.

Is it really a issue to run titans on the Disk brake equipped 620's?? I was planning on running them and have read all sorts of info and this is the first time i have heard this. I kno u have to roll ur fender a little but i didnt think it was that big a deal. especially since most are running spacers to clear the dust cover. so thats a even wider stance.

With the 5mm spacers, does the tire hit the sway bar at full lock? On my "73" it looked like I would need about a .5" spacer so that the tire wouldn't hit the sway bar.

Yes, it does hit at full lock but i dont care, imo Nismo TE-37's were the ONLY option I would consider on my truck. It doesnt effect my driving; still have plenty of turn radius!

Home boy has a sense of taste. He rollin in a integra tyype arrr lol. Just playin. I agree with you tho. If I had the nismo wheels I would deal with it to. And I like ur teg ;) im a honda guy myself.

Is it really a issue to run titans on the Disk brake equipped 620's?? I was planning on running them and have read all sorts of info and this is the first time i have heard this. I kno u have to roll ur fender a little but i didnt think it was that big a deal. especially since most are running spacers to clear the dust cover. so thats a even wider stance.

It was an issue on my truck. At the time I was working at a Nissan dealer aa a tech, the wheels were free and I still would not run them. I was trying to run 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rears. With the Titans bolted up and my 2" blocks that I had at the time with the front cranked to match the tires rubbed on just about any bump. The rears were just past flush and I probably could have rolled the lip, but the fronts stuck out about 3/8" and I hate rolled lips on a 620 anyway. Although I did consider a 3/4" box style flair. I also thought about pulling the control arms, chopping them up and narrowing them along with bolting in an early rear end. Around the same time I got my hands on the QX56s. I bought my 77 specifically so that I could run the chrome Infinitis on something.

Maybe if I ran a 215/35/18 on Titans they would fit on my disc brake truck with maybe a 3" drop, but I like to run a bigger tire than that and I wanted the truck with at least a 4" drop. With the drum brake truck I was able to run my tire sizes and about 5" of drop. I still had to trim the inside edge of the rear fender lips and sometimes the right side still rubs the lip.

Basically it comes down to what you want. Plenty of guys are running Titans on disc brake trucks. As far as I know they are all running the small tire with moderate drops, and I don't think any of them tuck. 4 or 5 inches is not slammed but it does tuck and it is too far for factory discs with Titans. These are just my opinions based on my experiences, speaking of experiences watch out for early rear ends swapped into late trucks. I have been there and done that, wound up running 2 kinds of wheels to get the spacing right.

• 1 year later...