About to buy a 76' 620, general ?'s

daverino

Hey guys. new to the forum and loving it. So I'm about to buy my first 620. I've been in love with them and finally have found one that seems pretty legit. It's a 76' with 123,000 miles. Body is in great condition and runs great. Dude is asking $1500. Are there some important questions I should ask before I purchase? I know the standard ones but if there are any important questionss to ask about these trucks in particular, please let me know. Thanks!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical rust out cancerous areas are the b attery tray, floorboards, rockers, & bedseams. Dont where your best suit when going to look @ a Datsun. Done be afraid to get dirty :hairy: Get under the truck & check for leaks. Check out the center support bearing of the driveline. Look for more rust. Check the front end components. grab the tires & wiggle them side to side. Pop the hood & check the fluids BEFORE YOU START THE TRUCK. Look @ the oil & check under the oil cap for emulsification (milky oil) couild be a sif=gn of bad headgasket. Look @ the wiring harness & check it for damage. Pull the carpet/floormat up to check floorboards. pull seat forward to check rear of cab floor. Make sure all the windows & doors open & shut. Start it. Make sure all the electrical works. Wipers, Washers, Heater fan, cig liter, lites, radio........ Watch tailpipe for smoke. Listen to motor. Drive it. Make sure tranny works in all gears & isnt to sloppy. Get it up to hwy speed. Test brakes BEFORE HWY SPEED :sweat: Dont be shy. Ask alot of questions about the trucks history. What kind of maintenance has been done? Are there any new parts? What needs to be fixed next? What did you use the truck for?

Dont be in a hurry. Take your time & enjoy the experience. Good luck with the hunt :thumbup:

Typical rust out cancerous areas are the b attery tray, floorboards, rockers, & bedseams. Dont where your best suit when going to look @ a Datsun. Done be afraid to get dirty :hairy: Get under the truck & check for leaks. Check out the center support bearing of the driveline. Look for more rust. Check the front end components. grab the tires & wiggle them side to side. Pop the hood & check the fluids BEFORE YOU START THE TRUCK. Look @ the oil & check under the oil cap for emulsification (milky oil) couild be a sif=gn of bad headgasket. Look @ the wiring harness & check it for damage. Pull the carpet/floormat up to check floorboards. pull seat forward to check rear of cab floor. Make sure all the windows & doors open & shut. Start it. Make sure all the electrical works. Wipers, Washers, Heater fan, cig liter, lites, radio........ Watch tailpipe for smoke. Listen to motor. Drive it. Make sure tranny works in all gears & isnt to sloppy. Get it up to hwy speed. Test brakes BEFORE HWY SPEED :sweat: Dont be shy. Ask alot of questions about the trucks history. What kind of maintenance has been done? Are there any new parts? What needs to be fixed next? What did you use the truck for?

Dont be in a hurry. Take your time & enjoy the experience. Good luck with the hunt :thumbup:

Great advice only thing I would add is ask if he'll take less. Hope it works out.