wtb 510 2dr. or Wagon

Hello Ratsun!

I'm new here, currently driving an 06 sti, but would like to go old school for a while.

Wagon is my preference, I really hate taking off my front tire on my bike. but I would buy some racks if the right 2dr sedan comes out of hiding.

I'm looking for a clean, or a slightly dirty runner. I don't want a project, no matter how small. Ideal would be one that somebody's grandmother drove and has low miles, garaged, maybe some white walls.

Here's the fun part. I don't care where the car is, I'm really down to travel and drive this thing home, it's how I roll.

Nice to meet you Ratsun forums.

kc

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a clean, or a slightly dirty runner. I don't want a project, no matter how small. Ideal would be one that somebody's grandmother drove and has low miles, garaged, maybe some white walls.

Good luck if we find them we keep them ourselves.

if you dont like taking a bike wheels off you will not like a 510, they are old and do break. they are 40 yr old cars. Your used to new stuff.

the wagoon you mention unless you find it out by chance or luck youll have to be there. If we find it and sell it to you its 2500$ and up. and still might break down on you.

if you dont like taking a bike wheels off you will not like a 510, they are old and do break. they are 40 yr old cars. Your used to new stuff.

the wagoon you mention unless you find it out by chance or luck youll have to be there. If we find it and sell it to you its 2500$ and up. and still might break down on you.

nice to meet you too brother!

all around the world same song.

so... anyone want to sell a car?

Hainz has no filter. What he does have is brutal honesty. If your looking for such a 510 then you need to get out & curry-comb the countryside. Search online, papers, but most of all drive around & look in bacyards, alleyways, side yards, fields........ You get the idea. Good luck in your quest.

I think a guy picked up one of the few remaining "stockers" in so cal yesterday. Its hard to find a grand ma owned low milage car these days.

be prepared to get your hands dirty.

you need to read a LOT here and if you find a car, look it over VERY well before you put your $ down on it.

or the carb and radiator are filled with mouse nest & shit...

If your on this site long enough you will see people do find these thing in excellent/good condition every now and then.

Theres the guys that find them and sell them for outragous amount of money.

I know the Suby STI guys love 510s, But alot of those guys dont work on cars. Its new , Thats why you bought them so not to work on cars besides bassic bolt ons.

I have had Datsun for over 20 years and I look back on my log book of just basic up keep on my 521 and the avergae Joe would have throw this rig away a long time ago. Im going to be on my 4th motor pull for a clutch change soon. I was thinking of getting a STI instead and be done with hitting the pavement on cold days working on datsun!!!!!!!

Ck the Dime Quarterly in the ad section. there are some better cars in there ,soemtimes for sale and be patient.

A hardcore guy will be patient. A wanna be 510 will buy the first junk he sees sometimes and a few months we wont see him again on here.

DSC_0279.jpg

I've got a '72 wagon. I found it a few years back, bone stock, unmolested, original paint. small dings and scratches, all trim and glass intact.

4 speed, original L16. every belt/hose replaced. (some NOS factory) new water pump, every replaced/upgraded or aftermarket part has less than 50 miles on it, and was well thought out and professionally installed. weber downdraft 32/36 & Pertronics electronic ignition, overbuilt 280zx coilovers/brakes (ground control/ Tokico/ T3) all new steering and suspension bits, front/rear brakes (hoses/calipers/rotors/shoes/wheel cyliners..everythng.) all wheel bearings and seals done, trans and rear end serviced, flowfit (80's recaro/corbeau style) seats. New aftermarket full carpet kit (hight quality loop) all black interior is intact and unripped. factory headliner is perfect less minor staining. brand new wheels and tires. 5,000$ as-is. I've got 6,500$ in receipts. (also have factory roof rack)

anyways, been thinking of selling it for a while... just posted up another one of my cars on JNC & popped over here to check PMs...saw this thread and figured...what the hell..oh, BTW, I've got two STI's in my shop right now (one was shipped up from SoCal for a fender flare and tubbing job) check out more pics on my website: www.hectorschopshop.com.

(the dudes here on this site will probably vouch that I'm not a douche.) located in santa rosa, one hour drive north of SF.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.