ac heater relay

Hoosier77

Cleaning up my wiring and im wondering exactly what this AC/heater relay does. It is located on the passenger side inner fender by the light and horn relays. It has 4 wires YELLOW, BLACK, BLUE, AND A WHITE/BLUE. i dont have air conditioning, and it looks to me like my heater wires are factory and they come out of the dash harness not the engine harness. Just wondering if i could get rid of it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it alone. If disconnected the choke will not shut off when the motor warms up. Aren't these relays and such under a plastic cover? Isn't that neat enough

Beware removing anything electrical on your truck. It's likely there for some reason. We have a member who I shall not name who ripped out almost everything to make it look 'cleaner'. Then wondered why the brake lights didn't work, horn didn't work,.... etc.

Oh yeah the AC stands for Automatic Choke.

oh ok, well just to clarify im running an sr20det, i doubt i will need the choke lol. ill get rid of it!!! I can read a wiring diagram but the one i have is so tiny i cant trace the wires. i am upgrading my headlight system and using bosh 4 pin relays under the dash i wont need anything under the plastic cover. The ac heater relay is not under any cover. so far i have removed a few things from my harness. basically the only thing i need in the harness is turn signals, headlights, wiper pump, temp and oil sensor, the rest of it goes bye bye!!!!!