GAS TANK OR FUEL CELL

So I am wondering, because my rear trunk floor of my other 72 dime is rusted and will have to be removed, if I should add a nice fuel cell in the trunk and remove this leaking all the time gas tank? any thoughts guys? the only drawback, is that the fuel cell does not have fuel level gage but looks and work nice with an external pump.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am wondering, because my rear trunk floor of my other 72 dime is rusted and will have to be removed, if I should add a nice fuel cell in the trunk and remove this leaking all the time gas tank? any thoughts guys? the only drawback, is that the fuel cell does not have fuel level gage but looks and work nice with an external pump.

I had a fuel cell and as long as it's tucked away like where the spare tire is then it looks legit or if you can find one small enough to tuck away where the stock tank was. These day i'm all about clean,flush and function. the gauge issue was also a P.I.T.A for me mines had a level but the thing malfunctioned after 6months and i had to carry a spare 2gal gas container just in case and i just in cased a whole lotta times. I guess you can kinda measure it out by how far,fast and often you drive. good luck man

Well, remember Mike that I have a 10 Gal. fuel cell in my Red Rotary Devil. on a rear end collision, it would probably just collapse and fall to the floor and not get crumpled or explode. Maybe I'll leave the stock gas tank, just need to get the seals. NOW...I need a new trunk floor for my Orange 72' dime...!

I think I am going to weld a flat metal plate on the trunk floor nicely so this means no more spare tire space and will be painting the trunk nicely also the color of the car. Will retain the stock gas tank and hoses, i think it keeps the stock look. We'll keep the fuel cell for the next race car. I can't find a fuel cell, fuel level kit that can work with my appliation, any ideas?