Front bumper hardware

Does anyone know what size bolts I need to mount the front bumper to the bracket on the 72 510. I took my ride to the hardware store and he took all types of bolts out and none worked. He told me that the bolt may be like a metric half size???dry.gif. Well anyways links for the kit or size will help. I was not able to keep taking bolts outside to check the fit.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He means the bolts to bolt the front bumper brackets to the car itself...I could take one of mine out and measure it...just need to get my tools out to my 510.

He means the bolts to bolt the front bumper brackets to the car itself...I could take one of mine out and measure it...just need to get my tools out to my 510.

Does anyone know what size bolts I need to mount the front bumper to the bracket on the 72 510.

Unless that means bracket to car.

Does anyone know what size bolts I need to mount the front bumper to the bracket on the 72 510. I took my ride to the hardware store and he took all types of bolts out and none worked. He told me that the bolt may be like a metric half size???dry.gif. Well anyways links for the kit or size will help. I was not able to keep taking bolts outside to check the fit.

Trust me I know...I sold him some bumpers but I didn't have the bolts so he asked me and on here if anyone knew what size bolts he needs to attach the front bumper (which has both mounted brackets on the bumper itself) onto the car itself.

SEVEN2FIVE10 (Bobby) is new to Datsuns so his terminolgy may not be what we're used to so just bare with him. It's cool that he took on a 510 in the first place so let's help him out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I meant to the body itself sorry if I wasnt clear. Anyways the guy at the hardware store came out and said it may be a metric half size. Whatever but got fed up with trying to find the size and thread pattern. I have restored strictly American muscle cars and am new to the import stuff so figure it may be different. Mario when u figure it out send me a message. I got the rear bumper on and started a build thread. I need a grill soon too so I will let u know

Yeah I meant to the body itself sorry if I wasnt clear. Anyways the guy at the hardware store came out and said it may be a metric half size. Whatever but got fed up with trying to find the size and thread pattern. I have restored strictly American muscle cars and am new to the import stuff so figure it may be different. Mario when u figure it out send me a message. I got the rear bumper on and started a build thread. I need a grill soon too so I will let u know

Hey sorry I didn't get it to you, by the time I get home and eat dinner, walk the dog I'm beat and it's a pain to get back out to my carport to mess with it but I will get at least one bolt out and see if the local hardware store can size it. I'll shoot you pics of the grills/emblems/fenders etc for you too.

Get a tap. The captured nut on the body may be a bit jacked. Running a tap through it first will help clean up or out the threads.

RP

Will do my man. Thanks for the help. Soo many projects and trying to fit in time it helps to have people with info

• 9 months later...