My 72 510

Damn it's been a while since I have posted up anything. Been busy running around on the weekends but gonna get back on it this weekend. Got a red top optima to replace the worn out battery it came with. Not sure if I want to keep the battery in the trunk or put it back under the hood. I need new headlights as well not sure if I should make the change to the HID kit or not. I will begin finishing up the floor boards and get em ready for carpet and insulation. Will get pics ASAP.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FUSE BOX LOOKS FINE TO ME. maybe find a cover.

you need to pop the back and see if its corroding but even then with M/A flux and solder you can fix them.

dont do the lights untill your confident on how to wire them. I seen to many MOron wiring jobs!!!!!!!!!

seen one last eekend in a SR20 powered car.

Thanks onefine fivedime. Also Hainz I have been researching the light for a while and have never installed them but I think I will give it a try. I have not decided which lights to buy I want them to fit in with minimal fabrication still searching I will let you all know when I decide. Any recommendations guys?

Thanks onefine fivedime. Also Hainz I have been researching the light for a while and have never installed them but I think I will give it a try. I have not decided which lights to buy I want them to fit in with minimal fabrication still searching I will let you all know when I decide. Any recommendations guys?

i didnt wire anything. i used to work at a muscle car shop and i ordered an h4 wiring kit from classic industries (classicindustries.com) its already got the relays so all u do is plug in the power and ground on the wiring kit into your existing headlight plug and the h.i.d.s in to the wiring kit and your good to go. only problem i have is the headlights and high beams come on separate. i also like their delta h4s because they look stock but take an h4 bulb. go on the website and look up impala (because it has 4- 5 3/4 headlights) go to lighting and the headlights are right there, also look up H4 HEADLAMP UPGRADE HARNESS & RELAY KIT .. they only mod you have to do to make the headlight fit is cut lil slots around the bucket because the housing has locators to keep it still. easy as hell.. and youre done! =) *highly recommended because if you ever go back to stock lights u just take out the wiring kit*

I just replaced the battery and she runs great. After changing the plugs and coil (i know i need to change the wires) she starts right up. My headlights are shit so that will be next. Pics soon. I will be at the DATSLOCO swapmeet tomorrow looking for some parts hopefully I can score some headlights.

Today was productive. Made it to the swapmeet at 8:30. Spent about an hour and a half walking around and buying parts. Made it back to finish up the engine bay of my 72 Oldsmobile cutlass which will be receiving a rebuilt 455. Then I spent a bit of time installing some parts.

ec4e274e.jpg

Here she is with some parts added. Got the grill from Mario. I like the look of it. Also got the eyebrow Crome pieces with rubber seal.

881cd429.jpg

fa5f4d53.jpg

4fa1e862.jpg

Ratsun sticker just added

4098b6cc.jpg

Well this is by far not the prettiest car but my goal is for it to be completely functional so I got some window cranks door openers and handles. Now all I need are some door panels. But looking at it I like the look without them for now. Could use some paint.

57af9383.jpg

Well I'm out for now. A long ass day but I will have more soon.

57af9383.jpg

i didnt wire anything. i used to work at a muscle car shop and i ordered an h4 wiring kit from classic industries (classicindustries.com) its already got the relays so all u do is plug in the power and ground on the wiring kit into your existing headlight plug and the h.i.d.s in to the wiring kit and your good to go. only problem i have is the headlights and high beams come on separate. i also like their delta h4s because they look stock but take an h4 bulb. go on the website and look up impala (because it has 4- 5 3/4 headlights) go to lighting and the headlights are right there, also look up H4 HEADLAMP UPGRADE HARNESS & RELAY KIT .. they only mod you have to do to make the headlight fit is cut lil slots around the bucket because the housing has locators to keep it still. easy as hell.. and youre done! =) *highly recommended because if you ever go back to stock lights u just take out the wiring kit*

Hey man could you maybe take a pic of how the Painless harness hooks up to the current headlight connection. I would greatly appreciate it. I am thinking about going the Impala route with the H4S Thanks