i need this

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's known as the release bearing collar or the bearing housing.

It comes in several sizes that matches it to the pressure plate that you are using. If you know what pressure plate you have and what vehicle/year I can get you the part number for the Nissan dealer. Be sure that you compare them when you get it or the clutch may not engage/disengage properly.

Oh good, thanks Dislexic

ok i pulled trans out here are picks guy i got it from said its a 280 z 5 speed. i hope you guys can enlighten me on what it is so i get the right part. i also need arm that connects to throw out barring.. oh also there are 3 sensors only 2 of which were hooked up can you guys tell me what they are no talking about speedo. and i asume one is for reverse lights. and if there is a diffrent number to id this trans let me know where to look. thanks

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

The tran does not. Matter we need to know what size clutch you have 200 mm 225 or 240 that way we know what pressure plate you have. So google yourpart number and see what comes up. Then buy a sleave and throw out bearing to mach. Or just messure your sleeve and start looking up 620 510 or z car sleeves and mach the length

Nissan part number 30501 SLEEVE-BEARING CLUTCH RELEASE SLEEVE

This part DOES matter what transmission and engine combo it is for. There are 3 or 4 different lengths.

447D15AA8E12B1F8C5F887EE8D8E5305.jpg

The bearing itself is the same for most Datsuns.

I beg to differ. The collar size has nothing to do with the transmission or engine size and is totally dependent on the type of pressure plate size used.

If you had an L16 510 with a stock 200mm clutch/pressure plate and flywheel and a stock 510 F4W63 4speed, you could swap in a 240z F4W71A, 260 or 280z F4W71B 4 speed, or a 280z or zx FS5W71B 5 speed, or a 200sx FS5W63A 5 speed and it would work equally well with all of them. By swapping an L bell onto the later FS5W71C from a KA powered 240sx you could run that too.

Likewise the same 200mm clutch/pressure plate/ release bearing and collar could be bolted to a 6 bolt 200mm flywheel and installed on any Z series motor and 5 speed or even an L six cylinder 4 or 5 speed (non turbo of course) and it will work just fine.

Yes there are many collar sizes to reflect the finger height of the pressure plate, but the collar does not know or care what motor is in front of it nor what transmission is behind it.

The 280z normally only had a reverse light switch, however the '79 California 620 truck did have the reverse, neutral and top gear switches like this one....

photo1.jpg

so how to i figure out how many mm my pressure plate is. and my datsun l20b is a 6bolt flywheel if that helps. also i was at auto parts stores all day and they dont have any of the collars ive looked for 10 years worth of cars and they have nothing is this a dealer part or order online?

Mike, that depends on how to look at it. Datsun only fitted certain combos, and those are dependent on the engine/trans year & model combintation. For example, with A-type transmissions (per the photo) knowing the clutch cover height cannot tell you which length sleeve you need.

But I'll agree your method is more relevent now, especially when parts have been swapped around.

In any case what he needs to do (assuming it was the correct length sleeve to start with) is merely measure his existing broken sleeve and get a replacement that is the same length.

the only info i can find is out side diameter is 8 7/8 inside diameter is 1in and 24 teeth

Measure across the friction surface on the flywheel or across the clutch disc. This one is a 240mm but there are 225mm and 200mm.

flywheel240mmthree2Large.jpg

Mike, that depends on how to look at it. Datsun only fitted certain combos, and those are dependent on the engine/trans year & model combintation. For example, with A-type transmissions (per the photo) knowing the clutch cover height cannot tell you which length sleeve you need.

But I'll agree your method is more relevent now, especially when parts have been swapped around.

In any case what he needs to do (assuming it was the correct length sleeve to start with) is merely measure his existing broken sleeve and get a replacement that is the same length.

Agreed.

ok im doing a l16 to l20 swap. so i pulled the l16. the l20 came with a flywheel that i had resurfaced i got a clutch to match it. the transmission came in the car when i bought it and it was bolted to the l16. so the collar was being used on a l16 clutch which it was a 7 7/8 clutch. which i would assume is the 200mm. so i was going to use the collar that was used on the l16 clutch untill it broke. so... saying my clutch is a 225 which size collar should i get and where can i get it?

so when i go to dealer what car should i say i need it for or do i just give them the part number you guys posted and tell them which size i need. also the arm and the collar are vary worn the previous owner or owners of this car where very hard on it.. the car only had one starter bold and only 3 motor to trans bolts. i think this car has changed hands allot so im trying to fix all the stuff the other owners did not. my poor little car

ok im doing a l16 to l20 swap. so i pulled the l16. the l20 came with a flywheel that i had resurfaced i got a clutch to match it. the transmission came in the car when i bought it and it was bolted to the l16. so the collar was being used on a l16 clutch which it was a 7 7/8 clutch. which i would assume is the 200mm. so i was going to use the collar that was used on the l16 clutch untill it broke. so... saying my clutch is a 225 which size collar should i get and where can i get it?

Good thing it broke because that one wouldn't be the right length for a 225mm clutch. Just ask for any '75-'79 620 truck collar. They all used the 225mm clutch. The Nissan number is 30501 N1600

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.