A '95 ECU OBD2 into a '96 wire harness into a '97 KA

AuosGnaf

A '95 ECU OBD2 into a '96 wire harness into a '97 KA. Would this this work? As long as everything is OBD2 then it should work, right? I'm asking because finding a 97 ECU and wire harness is kind of difficult. Not too many 97 KA's laying around SD for me to pick apart. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. And if this post does not belong here, my bad.

Thanks in advance,

S.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

It'll work fine. I have 93 S13 OBD1 wiring with 98 dizzy and 98 KA w/all 93 bolt ons. I had ALOT of critics and folks sayin I was crazy, it'll never work, etc. Only thing with running OBD2 stuff I hear is, you gotta run almost EVERYTHING. Harder to bypass certain things, but anything's possible if my "big clusterfuck" can be made to work. Yours should go easier.

Sounds like verification between the three (fsm diagram for all three years) will get the job done. I don't see how it can't be done when obd2 help standardize everything, but can easily see that color codes change a bit from year to year.

What's "fsm"?

Can anyone confirm that this will work or has anyone done this and it worked for them?

It'll work fine. I have 93 S13 OBD1 wiring with 98 dizzy and 98 KA w/all 93 bolt ons. I had ALOT of critics and folks sayin I was crazy, it'll never work, etc. Only thing with running OBD2 stuff I hear is, you gotta run almost EVERYTHING. Harder to bypass certain things, but anything's possible if my "big clusterfuck" can be made to work. Yours should go easier.

pics and writeup? :)

Guest DatsuNoob

All my stuff's taped up and bundled now. Probably wouldnt be of much help to you anyway since I'm running different components. If you're using all OBD2 stuff, i truly dont see an issue. I have an OBD2 ECU if you're in the market for one (dirt cheap)