touch screen /plip out gage cluster /obd system

so i was watching tv last night and on was fast and furious... i think it was the second one. but i saw a flip out touch screen. my question i guess is. does any body make a set up where you have gage cluster, onboard diagnostics, system control (like nos activation or controling your power chips), sound system all built into on unit.? i know hollywood makes shit up. but im still curious if high tech bullshit like this is available on the market. all opinions (including hater tots) i wanna hear on this topic.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say the newer gtrs have a similar thing. I'm pretty sure you can controll your boost, check gauges and car info, of course it has a stereo, im not sure about a chip controller though. bullydog might make something similar, but again I am not sure.

I hope you were watching it for teh lolz. Either that or the incredible acting.

How about just running a carputer... Run a 7 inch touch screen to it. Hide it under dash/passenger seat. Put wifi/bluetooth in it. Store all of you music and run it to an amp (skip having a deck). Run a serial cable to the OBD2 port or if you have a KA or something run the Nistune software and cable. Im sure there is decent software out there. Just have to get stuff that is finger friendly.

How about just running a carputer... Run a 7 inch touch screen to it. Hide it under dash/passenger seat. Put wifi/bluetooth in it. Store all of you music and run it to an amp (skip having a deck). Run a serial cable to the OBD2 port or if you have a KA or something run the Nistune software and cable. Im sure there is decent software out there. Just have to get stuff that is finger friendly.

i like the way your thinkin.

ill thank you now. :] this is a big help. im trying to gather up a parts list for my project witch fo meow is a bit of a need to know secret. so far the prcing and availability i would guess it would take me a little over three years to complete if time allows.