71 521 alternator

I need some help!!

When I picked up my 71 521 almost all of the electical was disconnected. The only thing I have left to get going is the alternator. Does anyone know how to wire the alternator. I have tried a couple of different combinations but still no luck also replaced the alternator and it is stil not charging. any help would really be appeciated.

Also does anyone know what kind of voltage should the alternator be puting out when it is charging.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if disconnected them plug it back in. Unless shit was cut. Neeed to be more clear on what you mean.

Your volt reg hooked up.

alternator will have a T connector

a red white wire will be the positive output. a blk wire hooks up to the case of alternator.

olddatsuns.com has a wire diagram for the trucks.

about 13.5 to 14.2 volts would be considered OK in my book charging if everything is off(no lights ,heater ect...)

Go to this site:

http://www.dimequarterly.com/

In the left frame, under technical, click in "electrical"

In the right frame that pops up, click on "Wiring Diagrams"

You will find "simplified start/charge wiring diagrams" by scrolling part way down in the right frame.

I would post the diagram directly, but it is their copyrighted diagram. Besides, you can find a lot of other useful information about your Datsun on their site.

I know the dime quarterly site is for 510 cars, but a 510 uses the same engine, and engine wiring as a 521.