throttle cable

Hey guys i have a 72 510 wagon, when i got the car it was missing the linkage from the pedal to the carburator, it has a weber 32/36 on it and i was wondering what would be a good alternative pedal and cable linkage i can use? its impossible to find the original linkage so im assuming a cable type set up would be easier and more reliable anyways.. so any ideas? thank u in advance - Rigo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get basic cables cut to length with mount brackets custom made really cheap at most bicycle shops. Less than $20 over here. I have made a throttle cable from a cable replacement kit for bicycles that I bought at Wal-Mart also I put it on my home made mo-ped and its been on there for 4 years now.

what about the pedal? the one my wagon comes with had a little ball at the tip of the pedal and i cant find a way to adapt a throttle cable to that.. also without the mechanical parts to the original pedal to carburator assembly, the pedal wont retract on its own..??

Actually, for the 4door i had. I just drilled out that little ball, and attached the lokar cable there. Easy shit! the other side attaches to the weber bracket and off you go. You will need to verify what pieces you have etc. make sure it works, but its not tooo costly

Actually it's *totally* possible to find the correct parts, you just need to ask, and find the right person.

Converting to a cable setup isn't really hard, but you need to make sure to get everything lined up properly, and get the cable wheels rotating correctly, those are the hard parts. Lokar makes a nice cable, which is what I use on my Z and 510. There's companies like RPC that make generic ones which are just like the Lokars.