HELP!!!

dropdatsun

ok guys this is my problem i just go a hole set up for dual webers 40's on my l20b, my question is i should run my stock fuel pump and around what pressure should it be . but in case that didnt work i got a in-line carter fuel pump from napa a holy regulator with a russell fuel pressure gauge to make thing work. the pump says to use a fuel pressure safety switch that plugs in on your oil pressure gauge. i have no idea on electrical stuff is that set up ok, has anyone done this,

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using mikuni but seems like most people say if you can get it to 3 psi it is better.Now when I had the stock fuel pump with no regulator I was getting 6 psi. People say the higher pressure can cause issues in terms of drivability and mess up the life of the carbs some. I went ahead and kept the stock pump and got a holley regulator and liquid filled pressure guage and set the carbs to 3 psi and did not notice much of a difference power wise but if it may mean better long term life of the carbs I am for it. i thought about going to Carter but if the stock one works fine I have no problem with it. Just seems some guys like using the electric unit to make the engine bay cleaner and supposedly better for cold starts but I kind of like the mechanical pump as the motor cranks some to build up oil pressure in the motor before the engine fires up.just my opinion

thanks guys for all the help. you guys helped olot. i think im just going to use my stock pump with my regulator for now but when i do my egine swap ill go to the carter in-line pump. if u guy need parts for a 620 let me know ill see what i can do i have about 4 620 laying arround.