PoorMtnKid's 1970 510 2Dr

I have been lurking for a while. Actually had been signed up for a month or so just never posted anything. Its slow at work today so I thought I would start my build thred.

I got the car in October 2010 from Reno NV. I actually drove it home from Reno to Vegas and it ran great. When I got the car it was all in pieces in the trunk or in the back seat area. This is the day after I brought it home.

DSCF1992.jpg

DSCF1993.jpg

Since then I have done a few things such as cleaning the grill and re painting it. I made all new door panels for the front and rear. I installed a back seat from a s14.

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF5828.jpg

And most recently I started to do the 280 zx disc brake conversion front and rear. I already have the fronts installed with ground control 250lbs springs. I swapped out my 13 inch libres for the z wheels. I have made the mounting brackets for the rear disc just have not had the time to put them in. I have been trying to go snowboard as much as I can on my day off since the season is coming to an end.

Dime2.jpg

-1.jpg

Dime3.jpg

Next project is to finish the discs in the rear and start on the body work.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The motor is the stock L16. When i got the car it was all mix matched parts. The struts where who knows what and the cartridges in there were two completly diffrent ones. The Carb is from who knows what but not stock. As for plans for the car, body and paint Im going to do a shade of orange and Im going to powder coat my bumpers door handels vents all black. I want to keep some chrome. I will prob eventually do black wheels with chrom lip to go with the rest of the car. Motor plans I want to go with an SR20DET eventually. My first car ever was a 90 240sx coupe that I wanted to do a SR swap. As a teen never had the money so that never happened. Now that Im a little older with a better job and a garage I will get the motor but in a different car.

As for the badge. I was wondering where that gets placed. When i got the girl it was off so i just threw it in the middle.

any close up pics of the fitment of the rear seat? does it fit pretty good in there?

I have a few more pics but nothing more than what you already see. Its actually quite hard to take pictures of the back seat and get everything in there.

I had to cut about 4-6 inches of foam from the rear of the bottom part of the seat in order for it to sit as flush as possible to the part of the fllor that juts up. The back part needed no modification. The bottom has brackets the were used in the 240 that I just put new screws to hold it in place. The top part I had to get some L brachets and screw them into the top back portion of the seat then screw that other part of the L bracket to the area of the car where the speakers mount.

here are the only other pics i have.

DSCF5829.jpg

DSCF5830.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was able to take the old drums out and put in the 280zx rear discs. Overall I am pretty satisfied with how they came out, and how easy it really was to do this type of work. My welds are not the best so dont bag haha. Just waiting on a master cylinder and I will be back on the road, should be here by the end of the week.

Bracket.jpg

RearDiscs.jpg