Occasional loss of power?

metalmonkey47

I've noticed in my 210, occasionally when I leave work or go for a drive, when I pull away in the first two gears around 3500rpm I start to experience some pretty severe missfiring for a few seconds. It's not a matter of the engine being cold, because if I was to let it sit for 5 minuets after going for a long drive (20 minuets or so) when I start it up and go for a drive, I still have a problem.

Now, I know problems usually occur when something changes. The only things I've done recently was set the timing to 10 degrees, new plugs, fuel filter, and re-adjust the valves. None were really very recent (all within a month or so) but maybe it's relevent?

Any ideas?

This engine really needs to godry.gif It's getting to be a headache. i wish the PO took better care of her.

EDIT: forgot to mention it only does it once. Once It missfires and acts like an ass, it never does it again for the rest of the drive.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspect the rotor and the cap. If the plug wires are similar length, trade them around. See if it goes away.

Rotor is brand new as of about 4 months ago. Only about 500 miles on it. Cap appears to be good. No obvious corrosion. Not sure about the history on the wires though. All I know is they're bosch. I'll probably replace them tomorrow.

Mike, you were right on cool.gif

I pulled the wires off today to put on some new Accel 8mm wires, and when I pulled the wire off the coil, lots of nasty dirt and rust fell out. i grabbed some steel wool and di-electric grease and cleaned it up. Now it's not showing anymore problems thumbup1.gif

• 3 weeks later...