1969 Datsun 1300

Fast_Track

So i have a 1969 Datsun 1300 truck with a 1960's mustang 302 dropped in built to just over 500hp to the wheels, fully custom piping all the way in 2 1/2" with high flow cherry bomb cat's and flowmasters(had to cut through fender wells under the hood to wrap them down, true dual exhaust). It has full suspension done to it and 160mph rated Toyo directionals. MSD ignition, 5 speed tranny and a beefy high torque rear end.

If anyone would like pictures since i guess i cant figure out how to post them in here just ask and i will email them.

or here is my facebook with pics http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1489773352&aid=108041

Just want to know what you all think =)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tires are to wide, looks like ass with them big tires on the front too. Cool rig tho man!!

Erik, so did your shit turn purple? :rofl:

i have full turn radius with them, its a rat-rod, gets tons of attention, and the wheels and tires my uncle gave me for free once we finished all the work. if i went skinnier they would have to be much softer rubber.

ill let u know in the morning.... at 1 am with a story like that and no pics it seemed a lil fishy, like the wonderful spam we get. plus ive been drinking. chevy rally wheels with tall caps meh not my style but interesting. exhaust is definitely different... ur headers are on upside down and backwards :poke:

AND ITS "ERICH"

ill let u know in the morning.... at 1 am with a story like that and no pics it seemed a lil fishy, like the wonderful spam we get. plus ive been drinking. chevy rally wheels with tall caps meh not my style but interesting. exhaust is definitely different... ur headers are on upside down and backwards :poke:

AND ITS "ERICH"

Oh shit, sorry airick, u mad? ollz, U JELLY???/11?!?!

tumblr_lh7kunUp161qdz5wc.png

U-MAD.jpg

lol-u-jelly.jpg

AND ITS "ERICH"

I wanted to take import and clash it with American Muscle(seen a few with Chevy blocks, not many with ford). Its definitely different from most other datsuns i have seen. And the only rust on this is the side of the bed, the inside sheet metal of the bed and the rest of the truck is pretty much spotless. My uncle and i did all the work on this at his shop. took a-lot of hours but i like it =) I just wanted to see if some other people would appreciate a mean little truck.

And i understand what you mean by fishy with no pics, i do MECA car audio competitions also and people try to say they have loud shit but never show it.

i got 9600 wats goign thru a double 17 inch sub and it breaks windows 5 blocks away at half volume but i cant get any pics right now casue my cameras dead..... like that?

yeah lol, "my bass is so loud you wont believe it, i have 2 kickers in a ported box on like 1,000 watts with a capacitor. it does like 150+ decibels" i hear that shit all the time lol

ive got one 1 inch audiobahn 10 in a bandpass with 1000 going to it no capacitor. its pretty loud but i know prolly nothing compared to a comp setup. its in a daily jetta so i it does wat its asked to, cept i think i over powerd it cause the leads on the speaker itself where u plug in the boxs inside wires, those 2 like woven wires have a short in them, if u jiggle them it works but has a bad spot in it so i think i fried the wires. any suggestions other than a new speaker. and the sub is rated at 600, im prolly burniong it up but i got it and box for 75 with a different 5 channel jensen

ive got one 1 inch audiobahn 10 in a bandpass with 1000 going to it no capacitor. its pretty loud but i know prolly nothing compared to a comp setup. its in a daily jetta so i it does wat its asked to, cept i think i over powerd it cause the leads on the speaker itself where u plug in the boxs inside wires, those 2 like woven wires have a short in them, if u jiggle them it works but has a bad spot in it so i think i fried the wires. any suggestions other than a new speaker. and the sub is rated at 600, im prolly burniong it up but i got it and box for 75 with a different 5 channel jensen

to try and see if the speaker is good grab a multi-meter and set it to ohms, take the sub out of the box and test the speaker connections, they should either be 4ohms or 2ohms a piece(audiobahns only came with 1ohm coils on their quad coil woofers). if they are far off or no reading it is shot. the wires can often over heat and break, and alot of times cannot be repaired.

i know the sub itself is good, it hits if u mess with the wires but they just have a short. the amp is a kenwood kac-7203 running it bridged

the wires on the subwoofer itself or the wires going to the subwoofer from the amp? if its the wires on the subwoofer itself the chances of a good repair are slim to none. If its the wires from the amp to the sub then just replace them, any old speaker wire thats 12gauge or lower will handle 1,000watts through the wires no problem

pretty cool truck! love 521's :) wish ya had a vh45de in it tho.... wish ya would have kept it nissan... :( ... haha but most people dont care about datsuns and they just get scraped, atleast ya did something with it :) What are ya doing with it next?

pretty cool truck! love 521's :) wish ya had a vh45de in it tho.... wish ya would have kept it nissan... :( ... haha but most people dont care about datsuns and they just get scraped, atleast ya did something with it :) What are ya doing with it next?

Next will be getting the rust on the sides of the bed cleaned up and a lime green paint job. It is daily driven to my work and back(only 4 miles each way). And in 2-3 years this engine will go in a matching number mustang fast back v8 model and for the datsun I was wanting to find out if a 300zx engine would fit in there? Anyone know?

wires on the speaker itself. im gonna try an rig it up, kinda bypass most of it with a new peice of wire that attaches right at the edge of the cone. and im using 8or6 gauge for my amp to box wires

That does work occasionally but the wires tend to slap against the cone and sound bad when you do that. But if you don't want to spend money its your best bet =)

You can stuff a 5.0 with dual exhaust into a 521, but you can't post pictures on a website???

Contrary to popular belief...not everyone does that whole FaceSpace thing.

Social media just means you need to be social.

What's the first rule of Ratsun? Anyone?