Something to think about

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about that day everything happened.

Watching all the news feeds; seeing cool cars being totaled.

What does this do for the import engine business? Not just new parts for new cars...but now you have vehicles that Japan will not certify safe, due to being water-logged. All those cars...with all those hard to get engines. Did the supply just beat out the demand?

I'm with you, HRH. In no way am I trying to make fun or light of the devastation that has just happened. It really was just a thought I ran through my mind. Has anyone else thought of this?

I will say though...as an American-I am more apt to help out an ally, Japan, than give a single dime to a country that kidnaps and tortures American tourists, Haiti.

My prayers go to all affected by the disaster that has bestowed us. From Japan, all the way to our very coast.

What I also wonder if used engine importers are going to try and sell water damaged engines?

Undoubtably if you were to ask me. That's what crossed my

mind first. Soaking in sea water might make for a crunchy engine electronics and would definatley need hot tank and rebuild or full replacement of a lot of parts. When chehalis flooded in 2007 a lot of cars got flipped around and sold without mention that they were completely submerged. I have a feeling our pizza delivery car was under as well as a friends Honda because both cars have really bad smells to them rust on the seat sliders and the delivery car has a lot of electrical problems. There is also water in the map light and rust dripping off the door cards. Not to make ligh of a tradgedy but sr20's better be in a realaistic less fanboy price range.

Undoubtably if you were to ask me. That's what crossed my

mind first. Soaking in sea water might make for a crunchy engine electronics and would definatley need hot tank and rebuild or full replacement of a lot of parts. When chehalis flooded in 2007 a lot of cars got flipped around and sold without mention that they were completely submerged. I have a feeling our pizza delivery car was under as well as a friends Honda because both cars have really bad smells to them rust on the seat sliders and the delivery car has a lot of electrical problems. There is also water in the map light and rust dripping off the door cards. Not to make ligh of a tradgedy but sr20's better be in a realaistic less fanboy price range.

naw, good Japan engine importers won't ruin their reputation like that. They just sell them as scrap to SE asia and you can then buy them out of malaysia.

Of course american importers who sell bad engines now will continue to do so...

F.S: Used ( All JDM SR20DET. Motor/Trans. Driveline. F&R subframe...Been flooded. Sold as rebuildable parts only. No guarantee. $1050.

Um...I'll take 2. Right?