Too bleed or not too bleed

Just Joel

During the coarse of my garage restoration, I have replaced the entire braking system with new parts and lines. Now that I'm finished with that phase, I need to move on to other aspects of the project but I'm trying to decide if I should bleed the system now and let it sit full for however long out takes to get the car running (it's going to be a while) or leave it dry for now and fill and bleed the system when I'm ready to drive the car. What do you think?

Thanks

Joel

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had everything hooked up,,, ,, filled the radiator ........ got the 510 started. .......... .. only thing left to do was bleed the brakes . . .. but I could not get any fluid out of the brand new Master cylinder

..... ... so I took the lines off and "bench-bled" the Master,,, then realized there was a cracked compression fitting on one of the new SS braided brake lines ... :(

... . 3 weeks later it was ready for a test drive........ .. I reccomend bleeding them now