fluid coming out vent on tranny

I recently changed the trans oil (yes i used GL-4) in my 80 720 with a 5 speed. I noticed that when sitting with the engine idling there was oil coming out of the vent of the trans, and hitting thr ground. I chalked it up to beign overfull, so i made sure the truck was sitting level, pulled the fill plug, and let any excess run out until the level was flush with the bottom of the fill plug. I started the truck, and while not as much as before, there is still oil burping out of the vent!..

wtf?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did you overfill it? Is it synthetic by any chance???

Like anything oily, it will take a while to stop being 'wet' . Don't worry about it.

I changed the oil with the rear of the truck jacked up so i could get under it. nose down. thats the only way i could figure i overfilled it.

no its not synthetic

I'm not worried about it. i figure it will end up with the amount it wants in it, whatever else it can shit out the vent lol

No wonder it leeks you should have told us that in the first place. It must be verry over full

did you read my first post? I corrected the level with the truck on flat ground immediately after initially filling it. , and was surprised to see it still burping oil, AFTER having the correct amount. which is why i posted here.