Drunk rat

Conan

My 69´521 keeps turning to the left when i let go of the wheel, i have no experience with problems like this as this is my first project. Im thinking something is worn down, but where do i start? Also i need to know if i can take replacement parts from another vehicle as shipping cost were $30 for a $1.46 tranny seal (don´t want to know what bigger heavier things will cost :s)

-Derek

Edited by Conan
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Sounds like you need to check your tie rod ends and front end for misalignment. Tranny seals like output shaft etc , are fairly cheap. $30+ sounds like a scam. Almost 3 times the cost!

The rear seal is extremely common. It's used from the mid 60s through 2000.

Nice! Then i might actually have a chance of finding a cheaper option ;)

For those who don´t know, i´m one of the extremely few that own a 521 truck here in norway, there might be a handful left but i can´t even find a parts shop that has heard of my car so i order everything from Rock Auto in the states, which is extremely expensive in the longrun. So in order to restore my datsun i think i will need to use parts from other nissan cars, this is Ratsun i don´t care how my problems are solved, just need too keep this bad boy running till i turn old, retire and die ;)

Your 521 may be different than ours here. Norway have RHD? Motor a J13? The part number is 32136 07200 for the 521.Can't find it available from Nissan but the newer FS5W71B 5 speed seal 32136 U0100 is about $8 here.

The part number changes as the years go by but I think the newer later ones will fit and work. The difference is front to back length. I bought one recently from a auto supply and they had one seal listed for all transmissions from '62 through late 90s.

Just came back from visiting my family in Holland, and im ready to kick some rat ass....

Your 521 may be different than ours here. Norway have RHD? Motor a J13? The part number is 32136 07200 for the 521.Can't find it available from Nissan but the newer FS5W71B 5 speed seal 32136 U0100 is about $8 here.

The part number changes as the years go by but I think the newer later ones will fit and work. The difference is front to back length. I bought one recently from a auto supply and they had one seal listed for all transmissions from '62 through late 90s.

Thx! Will get this sorted on thursday ;) BTW I drive on the right side with my J13

Check the air pressure in your tires.

It may be my first project, but i know this much unfortunately, so i already know it will cost me hehehe :(