Need to find a 5-speed trans for a 510 wagon!

I am going to pick up a 1970 510 wagon that has a column shift automatic in it.

I am looking to replace it with a working one, to get it on the road again.

After talking to a couple guys, with the availability of working automatic transmissions.

I was thinking that it may be best to be prepared to replace the auto with an 5-speed dogleg transmission.

So what I am looking for is a use 5-speed transmission that has no issues.

Other than being dirty and needing a home!

I will be picking up my 510 within the next week or two. Weather has put a hold on me transporting it to my house.

This will not be a race car, it will be a cruising car and daily driver.

I am hoping that I can find one close to Portland, Oregon.

So guys, Please help me get this baby on the road and keep it there!

Thank you , for you help!

Elvan

503-406-7455

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your gonna have to find a pedal box also, at the very least the clutch pedal and spring and goofy left hand threaded bolt. Also cut the hole and get the floor plate and shift boot. Gonna need the clutch master hardline and slave cylinder also.

Your gonna have to find a pedal box also, at the very least the clutch pedal and spring and goofy left hand threaded bolt. Also cut the hole and get the floor plate and shift boot. Gonna need the clutch master hardline and slave cylinder also.

..... also clutch, pressure plate and release bearing, release collar or housing if not included, flywheel, pilot bushing, clutch arm if not included with trannt, shifter if not included with transmission, slave flex line....

..... also clutch, pressure plate and release bearing, release collar or housing if not included, flywheel, pilot bushing, clutch arm if not included with trannt, shifter if not included with transmission, slave flex line....

that too lol i knew i was forgeting stuff. hopefully some of those come with the tranny.

I got a set of 510 pedals!!!!! 60 bucks!! call 503 659 9486 ask for joey

That is a good deal! Snag them now! I have seen them, they will reduce any headache.

You should also get the brake pedal from a manual, it is different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.