new to ratsun

roostersdad521

hey everyone, i've been a huge fan of datsuns since i was a kid and the 521 was the first vehicle i drove, and when i got the chance to buy one i was so excited. but since the purchase a couple of years ago it has had little work done to it beside the purchase of a few parts. but this is a new year and have set a couple of goals for it.   1: a new blitz black paint job with a bare steel top   2: hopefully find a weld-in mustang ifs     And if i have any $$$ bmw m6's...pics coming soon of my truck, if anyone has done a fatmans or heidts suspension contact me <BR><BR>

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick story about rude mood...our neighbor had this truck ever since i can remember he had this datsun in the shed and would never give me a price and when he would it was like $1500, motor was locked up, wouldnt shift and he hauled fertilizer in it on the farm so the bed was rotted off. I moved in with my girlfriend, now my wife, a couple of hours away and never thought about the truck again. When we moved back the man passed a couple weeks after, as i seen the wreckers come by with a load of scrap iron i remembered the truck being in the shed and sure enough they was backing up to get it. Me and the driver went back and forth on the price and settled on 130 bucks!!! As you can see i have done a little amount of work but this year is different. I got in touch with heidt's suspension today about a mustang II front end. It will be late summer before i purchase it or something similar. But this is a little of fyi of my truck...my family thinks im crazy for restoring/modifing "that ol rust bucket" but i see potential and I take a little pride in keeping datsuns on the road.