72' 510 2 Door "Anything Goes" Project

GT Motion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to replace the bushings to go withthe coil kit? It makes a total difference but the rear bushings are b{:content:}amp;@h to get out

I want to but I am not sure if I can do all that myself, its a lot of work. My friend looked under the car and said I should be prepared to have to replace things as they are getting worn out. Right now I am doing new brake lines, brakes, and suspension. I need to figure out if there is anything else I should do on the chassis for safety's sake. If anyone reads this thread and knows of chassis problem areas I would like to know, I want the car to stay safe.

I put in a new Corbeau seat today. I am a big guy, so buckets aren't super comfy right now. I ordered the 510 seat bracket, but the previous owner or someone before him took out the beam that goes across the floorboard to support the front of the seat bracket, so I had to have a friend of mine fab me something together to get the seat bracket to work in the car, got it all done tonight though.

img20110308221539.jpg

img20110308223457.jpg

img20110308223408.jpg

A couple cool looking welding shots.

img20110308224533.jpg

img20110308224604.jpg

img20110308224539.jpg

Also, he is making motor & transmission mounts for this Z car's v8 swap, I thought this car was pretty neat so I took a few pics. He is just doing the fab work like custom mounts, and maybe exhaust.

img20110307223616.jpg

img20110307223628.jpg