72' 510 2 Door "Anything Goes" Project

GT Motion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any idea where this water would have came from? It rained last night and when I opened the car door this morning I saw this little puddle. You can see the stream goes along the side and maybe from behind that panel. Is there a common place where water leaks into cabin on these cars?

img20110216124920.jpg

I remember a few years back dislexicdime aka Mikey and I were poking around one of his dimes and we found a tube or something some kind of drain maybe. It was behind the fender we could see it with the door open he had a bunch of leaves in it or came disconnected something like that. But I could be wrong my memory is shot haha.

Anyway dig the ride

It could be the door seal, my car used to leak like that... comes in at the top of the window area and manages to come around the pillar and down behind the panel. Or is is the seal on the windshield. My car is currently leaking at the top right of the windshield and can produce a similar leak, puddle.

Here is my new inspiration. Ricardo's 510 with flared fenders and the same Enkei 92's.

img0062dp.jpg

img0064sn.jpg

img0065cf.jpg

img0066i.jpg

I was on the fence about doing the BRE fenders, but after seeing the cars at the meet that had flared fenders I love it, I love the look, and it will let me run a wider wheel if I need it later on down the road, but for some reason I am still torn about doing it. I did however decide after today that I do no like red as much as I though, I saw every color of 510 and my favorite of all was silver. I am most likely going with silver, if not then that darker red.

oh yeah, something to keep in mind (some guys don't even notice)

but actual BRE 510 has the front flares mounted higher than they are on the black car on the previous page <-----

Yea I noticed that as well, not sure where I will get my fender setup from, but that look is what I am going for. The body is going to be done after the chassis is built though, I need to do brakes and suspension first.

I went down the the junkyard this week and picked up these 280ZX parts, then ordered the Troy Ermish coilover setup with camber plates. I went with Koni sport yellow MR2 inserts since Koni has them on sale on their site right now. Everything should be in and ready to go sometime next week, I can't wait! I am going to get the new master cylinder, new lines and put in the coilovers and 280zx brakes all in one shot.

img20110228164700.jpg

xa300.jpg

Nice ! Now get rid of that truck engine haha!

This truck engine actually pulls the car around quite nicely. This car is going to be pretty fast through the twisties with this setup and that motor. The engine runs perfect right now so I am focusing on building the rest of the car first and the engine last.

I have bought a new seat, brakes, suspension etc, I need to put it all on the car now, still waiting on some parts.