fuel injection a series

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came across this last night. Scroll down a bit:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Fuel_Injection

Apparently there were some fuel injected A-series in the asia market. Probably REALLY difficult to source one though. I am currently trying to get my hands on one for an L-Series motor. You may have to start searching overseas or just try to get one fabbed up.

Good Luck

That may be. I am not sure though. The only engines I know anything about are L-Series. I came across that website looking L Series EFI info.

Although they are different we definately have similar hurdles. It depends on which route you see yourself going and how much money or time you have. You can have someone else fab up a custom manifold, which will most likely be expensive. I even considered learning to build my own, but I don't the place or money for the appropriate equipment. Would like to learn someday, but that doesn't seem like a feasible route right now. If you do want to learn there are quite a few internet resources on the topic.

You can do a hybrid manifold, like you suggested by matching up the A-series flanges with another cars runners and plenum. I may go this route, but I need to find a manifold that will work for my application. BTW I did find a company that sells just the plenum for $200 bucks. It has nice gemoetry for airflow. You would just have to fab everything else. http://nozzs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_64&products_id=132&zenid=fcd35c6b95927676fc44329a434e58c6

The other option you could do is get your hands on a throttle body injection setup. Extrudabody looks like reasonable: http://www.extrudabody.biz/servlet/the-4-Cylinder-ITB-Kits/Categories

I don't have any experience with them, but it looks like the most economical option, for me anyways, would be to get an SU manifold and get the kit they sell.

If you go to a carpet cleaning supplier they might have one. I cleaned carpets for a year or so and the machine we used [called Everest, its a car mount machine] had an A-14 in it with throttle body fuel injection. I had to do some work on it once. I told him if he ever got a new machine I call that intake and wiring. haha.

If you go to a carpet cleaning supplier they might have one. I cleaned carpets for a year or so and the machine we used [called Everest, its a car mount machine] had an A-14 in it with throttle body fuel injection. I had to do some work on it once. I told him if he ever got a new machine I call that intake and wiring. haha.

That's random. I thought you were kidding at first.

that is the most badass 210s ive ever seen in one photo album, i have to change my pants now.

LMAO...I'm glad you enjoyed my album! 4 of my A series powered vehicles and the fuel injection sytem of mine are in there... :D

I searched the net last night...Could not find an exposed Everest Nissan powered carpet cleaning machine...they all have the covers on them...Does the fuel injection system look like the one on my picassa album?? :confused:

I don't know if you are thinking a low budget conversion, or big $$$. An idea here from wildmaninid, on page 9, #175 of the epic HRH FI conversion: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22074-510-l20b-efi-conversion-the-project-is-finished/page__st__160 See also #183 on the next page. He used Dodge Shadow bits n pieces, but I wonder if early Sentra or Pulsar TBI parts could be hacked onto an A-series engine? The big advantage would be making a simple adapter plate for the throttle body vs fabricating a new manifold for individual injectors.

Len

Not too hard to find. Over the last five year I have bought two of the japan factory A-series fuel injection manifolds. They are exactly like the L-series manifolds and use the same injections setup.

And you can buy made-in-USA fuel injections systems for A-series any day if you got the money.

here's teh factory setup

2409.jpg

Not too hard to find. Over the last five year I have bought two of the japan factory A-series fuel injection manifolds. They are exactly like the L-series manifolds and use the same injections setup.

And you can buy made-in-USA fuel injections systems for A-series any day if you got the money.

here's teh factory setup

2409.jpg

wow thats sick as fuck! so where do i go to find this set up?