1982 Datsun 210 2 door sedan wheels

I'm starting into my rebuild project of my very first car, a 1982 datsun 210 2 door "sedan" (though I've always thought of it as a coupe, for some reason) and I want to get a new set of wheels for it. I'm thinking about these 15x7's with some low profile tires, but of course don't want to spend the cash if they aren't going to fit. http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-114.3*4-4.5*4/5-114&tc=MBMDRI&c=1&rcz=92867&pc=73209&wd=15&rw=&rc=CAOINT

I'd be grateful for any advice :)

Thanks!

Jason

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWD wheels generally won't fit without spacers. They have a large offset. The 210 has a small (30mm) offset. Click for details.

Stock 210 wheels are 13" diameter, 4.5 inch width (13x4-1/2) with 30mm offset.

Read this: Datsun B-series wheels

17" wheels fit on the 210 if you get a compatible offset. Just use a small diameter tire like 205/45R17

Datsun B310 (210) factory wheel. 13 x 5 with 25mm offset

20474.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, your link explains offset flawlessly :). Thank you!

Thanks for the info! Now, this is gonna sound totally noobish, but I've never bought wheels for a rear wheel drive (or just generally older) car before. I do know that I *don't* want them to stick out, as I've seen cars with wheels sticking way out and as far as I'm concerned they're ugly as shit. So my noob question is, what the hell is "offset" exactly? :)

Thanks!!!

Jason

Offset is the distance of the wheel flange to the wheel center.

* A wheel with 0 offset has the bolt flange exactly on the centerline of the wheel

* FWD wheels generally have a large offset -- the flange is at the outside of the wheel (no dish)

* RWD wheels often have small to large negative offset (dish)