mad dat or datsport?

Slide-sun

Hey everyone currently building a 510 wagon with an SR power plant. I was originally going to use the conversion from datsport but now I found the one on mad dat. has anybody used either one.. or does anybody know of others? which one is recommended? obviously datsports one has a lot more but is it worth the extra 500 bucks?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use either?

If you cant do the fab work you can get someone to do it for you. Flip the front cross member run some 620 motor mounts and then buy a tranny mount (Engineered Datsun Products/Aaron sells them). DRG sells the front sway bar and bam you just saved yourself a bunch of money. You will have to source a radiator and intercooler along with a 240sx gas pedal. Shorten the driveshaft, cut and expand the shifter hole.

It is of course not that easy to slap a SR20/KA24 into a 510 but the parts that you are getting from either McKinney/Datsport/Maddat are just going to cost you more especially since the dollar to AUD rate and shipping.

With my current SR20DET swap I am at the early stages of my swap, I am just gathering the parts needed for the swap. Expect to spend around 6k for the swap if you do most of the work yourself (that is including engine) this is of course dependent on how good of a shopper you are, how much work you do yourself, and how wild your install is going to be. Plan well and do your research.

I agree they are pretty easy to flip yourself if you know what you are doing. I happen to have gotten the MadDat kit and they are a really nice kit super clean welds all powdercoated and everything you need to bolt right up + a front swaybar.. but I happened across the kit here in the US for a steal is the only reason i got one.. I got my stock crossmember I took out and reversed it myself just for the heck of it.. turned out good not to much hassle to do..