210 suspension

frodo70444

well i have found a few threads about lowering a 210 but nobody goes deep into details they just say 280zx struts,not enough info for me and next semester we are doing suspension and steering at school so its an exscuse to work on my datsun and get a grade for doing it so whats really inolved in lowering the car properly where it wont beat itself to peices might ride decent and look good with no mods to the car itself now it is a 4 link rear setup not leaf springs so please guys give me sum info maybe website links to parts i may need, thanks guys

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go check the tech wiki on Datsun1200.com for more info on 210. I always go there for anything 210 related ;)

Also, It's my understanding that the 280ZX struts bolt straight in however you'll need the hubs and brakes for it too.

i can see that being possible for the front but the back is just a coil spring with a seperate shock and would those in factory specs give me a drop in ride height?

rear: set up an adjustable coilover collar on the axle and build a proper upper spring perch.

Front: typical 280zx(vented rotors) or 200sx(solid rotors) coilovers.

without "mods to the car", screw it, its going to be more expensive trying to find crappy eibach springs for some production car to fit on a 210 than it would be to build coilovers to use $35 springs

rear: set up an adjustable coilover collar on the axle and build a proper upper spring perch.

Front: typical 280zx(vented rotors) or 200sx(solid rotors) coilovers.

without "mods to the car", screw it, its going to be more expensive trying to find crappy eibach springs for some production car to fit on a 210 than it would be to build coilovers to use $35 springs

So theoretically the 280zx swap will work with all aftermarket components as well, ie. 2 pot calipers, cross drilled and slotted rotors, and coilovers, correct

hmmm maybe in the future what kinda s u talkin about?

depends how crazy you want to go lol. I'm putting coilovers on my 210 soon so I can come up with a rear spring mounting solution.... get standard 510/280zx coilover stuff for the front.

So theoretically the 280zx swap will work with all aftermarket components as well, ie. 2 pot calipers, cross drilled and slotted rotors, and coilovers, correct

its not really theoretical... its the Datsun Lego set.

2 pot calipers? why? get Z32 calipers if you are upgrading.

cross-drilled and slotted rotors are a waste of money. You need regular rotors.

coilovers are a must, regular springs wont fit.

depends how crazy you want to go lol. I'm putting coilovers on my 210 soon so I can come up with a rear spring mounting solution.... get standard 510/280zx coilover stuff for the front.

its not really theoretical... its the Datsun Lego set.

2 pot calipers? why? get Z32 calipers if you are upgrading.

cross-drilled and slotted rotors are a waste of money. You need regular rotors.

coilovers are a must, regular springs wont fit.

Z32/other Nissan calipers won't fit on 280ZX tubes without needing adaptors made.

tbh, I haven't heard great things about the Z32 calipers, and have heard that they actually use a smaller pad than the Q45/Z31T calipers, the only reason they're considered an "upgrade" is because they have more "clamping force."

also, the Z32 calipers makes it hard finding wheels that will fit without needing spacers, where the two piston calipers will give you all the clearance you need ;)

tbh, I haven't heard great things about the Z32 calipers, and have heard that they actually use a smaller pad than the Q45/Z31T calipers, the only reason they're considered an "upgrade" is because they have more "clamping force."

also, the Z32 calipers makes it hard finding wheels that will fit without needing spacers, where the two piston calipers will give you all the clearance you need ;)

bigger pads aren't always better.